Barnet v Torquay United Sat 30th January KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Barnet v Torquay United Sat 30th January KO 3pm

Post by portugull »

United travel to North London to meet rock bottom Barnet who to date have lost 6 of their 9 Home games scoring 5 and conceding 17.
Twice Barnet recently have conceded late goals in narrow 2-1 defeats at Home to Stockport County and Altrincham so they will be no pushover.
I still expect United to win and I am going 3-1 after our two goalless draws with Notts County and Sutton.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Thieving bastards are charging £12-50 for the stream.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

If my calculation is correct, we have up to ten players suspended or injured. Hall, Moxey, Wynter, Davis, Wright, Warren, Kerr, Nelson, Buse and Lucas. That is a team in itself, so credit the club with its support and the team being top.

I would guess today we play three at the back, pack the midfield and play who up front. . . That will be interesting, who leads the line today, this may tell us a lot about Gary's thinking.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Nick Potkins wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 10:16 If my calculation is correct, we have up to ten players suspended or injured. Hall, Moxey, Wynter, Davis, Wright, Warren, Kerr, Nelson, Buse and Lucas. That is a team in itself, so credit the club with its support and the team being top.

I would guess today we play three at the back, pack the midfield and play who up front. . . That will be interesting, who leads the line today, this may tell us a lot about Gary's thinking.
Not wanting to tempt fate, but I don't think it will matter....
Barnet are that bad defensively.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

They will raise their game today though but so must we and we must be back to our best creating and taking chances
I'd like to see Hall back but rather he played Tuesday as he's not likely to play both.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Looking at the highlights of their defeat on Tuesday their defence is shocking but I've been supporting Torquay for far too long to think that we will just turn up and win.

If we play as well as we can we should win but I wouldn't take anything for granted - theres more pressure on us today so anything can happen.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Forgetting the euphemisms of banana skins etc, to be considered genuine promotion material this is a game we must win and win comfortably, if nothing more than for our confidence to get back to winning ways, Barnet have won only once at home all season and concede on average three goals a game.I realise we have a shed full of players out but we still have enough class not to be using that as an excuse.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Just purchased the stream despite seeing several accounts of fans having problems with their service. One of the more tedious processes and wanting a little too much personal information for a streaming service.

Hopefully it'll be worth the £12.50 and allow me to watch us attempt to take another 3 points on the road.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Had to double check I was on the right stream just logged in and thought I was watching master mind
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Good to see Hall and Little back in midfield
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Get in Ben Whitfield !!!
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

Just tuned in to Radio Devon’s commentary.
I think he must be broadcasting from his phone in the top pocket of his anorak sat in the dug out.
Think I’ll check the score out later.
Couldn’t be more different from the last Barnet home game against the mighty gulls on that blistering bank holiday back in 2019 when we played like football’s version of the Harlem globetrotters in the first half only to totally run out of puff in the second.
Always first fixture in the book for me and my Barnet supporting mate. Shame, although looking out the window I’m better off here.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Not impressed with this performance. We need to step it up or there could be a sucker punch. Little very poor. Put Randell back in there and Andrews left back.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

We need to play around them more than we are.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Firstly the coverage is first class. Sadly our performance is second class, but we are leading. A number of players need to step it up, our throwings have been very poor and the hold up play from the front line is non-existent.

Come on guys, time to step it up.