Boxing Day Fixture v Yeovil Town FC

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Boxing Day Fixture v Yeovil Town FC

Post by portugull »

On Dec 11 Yeovil called off their Match with Notts County which was scheduled for Dec 12 due to a positive Covid Test.

If today or tomorrow their latest tests come back positive they will have to self isolate which will mean the Boxing Day fixture will have to be rearranged.

Lets hope the tests are negative.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Does anyone know any more on this? I heard that the Yeovil players were due to get their results yesterday. Maybe, no news is good news!!!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Saw lots of comments online saying the results had come back negative but Yeovil stating on Twitter last night that they still did not have the results!
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yeovil have confirmed that the results came back negative.

They were due to play Boreham Wood away in the Fa Trophy on Tuesday night, obviously didn't fancy the trip and announced that two players had Covid symptoms. The match was put back 24 hours to last night awaiting the results of the test.

The tests results didn't come back in time apparently, the match was cancelled and Yeovil were booted out of the competition.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Very good news the game is on!! COYY.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Just watched the highlights from their last three games and it will not be as easy as our relative positions would suggest, their forward line is big and experienced and Dagnall if he plays will bully our centre half's , their back four is their weakness so we need to get at them.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

culmstockgull wrote: 24 Dec 2020, 18:30 Just watched the highlights from their last three games and it will not be as easy as our relative positions would suggest, their forward line is big and experienced and Dagnall if he plays will bully our centre half's , their back four is their weakness so we need to get at them.
Plus they’re nice and fresh having had some games cancelled....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Well I m still recovering from the Yeovil away fixture last year. Completed soaked and i have to say the thought at leaving at half time did go through my mind, however we did stay. That has to be one of the worst performances I ve seen over the last few years so this year i want to see us destroy Yeovil home and away.
Hopefully this bad weather which is forecasted holds off until after fulltime.
I feel extremely lucky to be able to attend this game so lets just hope we get a good result for all the Yellow Army.
Merry Xmas everyone.

SBP
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

SBP wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 08:25 Well I m still recovering from the Yeovil away fixture last year. Completed soaked and i have to say the thought at leaving at half time did go through my mind, however we did stay. That has to be one of the worst performances I ve seen over the last few years so this year i want to see us destroy Yeovil home and away.
Hopefully this bad weather which is forecasted holds off until after fulltime.
I feel extremely lucky to be able to attend this game so lets just hope we get a good result for all the Yellow Army.
Merry Xmas everyone.

SBP
Only been to Yeovil once. Fortunately it was a sunny day so ok. However, the thought of being stuck in the only uncovered stand in the pi88ing rain whilst all the home fans are undercover doesn't inspire me to go again.
I have no intention of going to any ground that treats it's visiting fans like sh1t.
Huish park is a reasonably modern ground and for them to have built it covering the home fans and deliberately leaving the away fans open to the elements stinks.
I hope we stuff em home and away.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

I totally agree Brewers Boy, a great posting. I wouldn't go to Huish Park under any circumstances. Like you, I hope we stuff them.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I was there last year. My other half came with me for her first ever Torquay game and luckily enough for me it's put her off ever going again. It's a much better experience without her in tow 😁

I think we'll grind out a win, couldn't care if its a 97th minute toe poke as long as we leave with the points. Keep racking them up making it harder for anyone to catch us, especially with the likelyhood of more and more postponements due to positive tests.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Looking forward to going this afternoon but I have to say I am a little nervous about this one. Although they are near the bottom of the league they have only lost 5 games (drawn 5) They recently picked up their first win. I am sure they will see this as a great opportunity to get back on track. We will need to be ‘at it’ from the off. Is this one of those games that we will reap the benefit of no away supporters, I sincerely hope so.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

I was at Yeovil last Boxing Day,5 of us, and have never got so wet at a Football Match. A day to remember for all the wrong reasons.

Just like DWB I think we will have to be at the top of our game today to claim all 3 points.

Will Ben Wynter be back? Also Sherring who is good in the air against the tall Yeovil strikers.

We have scored just one goal in the last 3 games so we need to get our shooting boots back on. The first goal as ever will be so important.

On recent form I predict a 1-1 draw.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Winning 2-0.
Goals from Armani Little & Danny Wright
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468