Chesham United v Torquay United (FA Trophy 3rd Round Proper)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Chesham United v Torquay United (FA Trophy 3rd Round Proper)

Post by Nick Potkins »

Due to Torquay’s elite status and Buckinghamshire being re-classified this morning as a Tier 3 area, we have some disappointing news to announce regarding Saturday’s fixture.

As a result of guidance issued by the Football Association, fixtures played within a Tier 3 area including an “Elite” team must be played behind closed doors.

Therefore, Saturday’s FA Trophy Third Round fixture against Torquay United must be played behind closed doors.

We are disappointed with this late decision but we would like to apologise to those supporters who were hoping to be able to watch the match, however we must abide by the strict guidelines imposed by the Football Association.

More details regarding Saturday’s match, will be released in due course. We are hoping to run a streaming service similar to other local Non League clubs at Step 2 and will confirm details of this as soon as possible.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Where does this come from? Just looked at Chesham on gov.uk and it says Tier 2
TUST member 200 ;-)
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Chesham United Web Site. I guess the gov.uk has not been updated yet.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

The whole of Buckinghamshire has been moved to tier three so Neil's statement is accurate . Thanks for the info, hope we get a streaming service.
StuTUFC
Trialist
Trialist

Post by StuTUFC »

Keep us posted on the streaming service
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

Thanks, I might have guessed the government can't keep up with their tiers, especially lower tier footie :lol:
TUST member 200 ;-)
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

The season started late, there will be cancellations due to weather and covid which all will contribute to a fixture pile up. The last thing we need is extra games this year. Send out the youths and reserves. If they win then good for them and play them in the next round, if they lose then I'm sure Garry won't lose any sleep over it. The only good thing about this game is that it is one of Asa's banned games, lets just hope it doesn't get called off.
Chesh_Fan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chesh_Fan »

We are using the same streaming service that Wealdstone had in place for your recent game. Hopefully it will mean some of you can enjoy the game
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Chesh_Fan wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 19:40 We are using the same streaming service that Wealdstone had in place for your recent game. Hopefully it will mean some of you can enjoy the game
Great news, thanks for the confirmation and I hope your Club enjoy facing the challenge our lads will give you.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Obviously unfortunate no away fans there. You will get a few hundred streaming though so a few quid in your coffers
Chesh_Fan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chesh_Fan »

Whydoibother wrote: 17 Dec 2020, 20:23 Obviously unfortunate no away fans there. You will get a few hundred streaming though so a few quid in your coffers
As Torquay are National League, there are NO fans allowed :'(

It’s a cup game so the stream income counts as admission. If enough people sign up for the stream,hopefully we will raise enough to pay your coach bill :) :-D
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

I know no fans in and would have been shared gate money but don't you have all the stream money
Chesh_Fan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chesh_Fan »

Whydoibother wrote: 18 Dec 2020, 09:43 I know no fans in and would have been shared gate money but don't you have all the stream money
As I said above, the stream money is counted as ticket money so is used to pay the expenses of the day and then split between the 2 clubs if any money left.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Hopefully Cheshfan you will miss most of the heavy rain we are getting , what is the state of your pitch ?
Sounds like Gary wants to win this game and get back the winning feeling and hopefully the goal scoring habit so I am not expecting too many changes though obviously the subs will play a big part.