Taking The Knee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Taking The Knee

Post by davethegull2 »

I hope our club doesn't kowtow to this nonsense. We are all 100% in support of "Kicking Racism Out of Football". Every sane person is. At TUFC we have proved we are one of the most inclusive, friendly and zero racist football clubs. We don't have to justify ourselves to anyone. However, this BLM Marxist organisation is using racism as a trojan horse to push their violent agenda. Football should not be a political vehicle for these extremists.

Would I voice my opposition to BLM if I was in the ground and our players took the knee? Hell yes! We should never take the knee to bullies. BLM have set back race relations in football for years. So, if TUFC are planning on giving lifetime bans for any fan opposing BLM, you can ban me now. I will never give in to Marxists, ever! I will always voice my opposition to Marxists, I will never protect racists.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by davethegull2 »

Ah, I wondered how long it would take for the bully boys to turn up.
Nobody is abusing players. We don't do that at TUFC unless it's about football matters.

BLM are Marxists, nothing to do with football. I love that our club are so inclusive and welcoming. Look at our history.

By all means have a different opinion, it's called freedom of speech and thought.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

At the end of the day BLM are now a political organisation (despite them quoting at the beginning of all this they wouldn’t be) and politics has no place in sport and visa versa.
No I don’t think we should have that at TUFC but I wouldn’t boo any player for their own decision whatever that might be.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by davethegull2 »

It's not a social idea tho is it? It's a hijacked Marxist Trojan horse.

If a player wants to take the knee, yes it's up to him. But he must also expect to be challenged. If they took the knee for the IRA would you also be supportive?
"Kicking Racism Out of Football" is a cause everyone can support and get behind. BLM and their Marxist bully boys, isn't.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

davethegull2 wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 14:28 I hope our club doesn't kowtow to this nonsense. We are all 100% in support of "Kicking Racism Out of Football". Every sane person is. At TUFC we have proved we are one of the most inclusive, friendly and zero racist football clubs. We don't have to justify ourselves to anyone. However, this BLM Marxist organisation is using racism as a trojan horse to push their violent agenda. Football should not be a political vehicle for these extremists.

Would I voice my opposition to BLM if I was in the ground and our players took the knee? Hell yes! We should never take the knee to bullies. BLM have set back race relations in football for years. So, if TUFC are planning on giving lifetime bans for any fan opposing BLM, you can ban me now. I will never give in to Marxists, ever! I will always voice my opposition to Marxists, I will never protect racists.
Totally agree.

I find the whole movement just causes division.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

It seems to be going the same way as messages on shirts worn beneath the kit. Good thing to start with, then misused later.
If i wanted to start an organization called" White Lives Matter" I would immediately be called racist, no matter what the intensions.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Eddukl2222 wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 18:07 You wouldnt be able to do that as it already exists so you couldnt start it.
Think you may have answered your own 'evidence' question in that reply
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

BLM, I believe, not taking the knee in football, (although I don’t necessarily agree with it) has set race relations back somewhat in that it’s created fear where there was none.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Marxists !! What a load of crap ! Been listening to Trump too much !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Eddukl2222 wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 20:24 Created fear amongst whom? And how does that compare to the fear of having to justify why your in a building, in a certain type of car, why you speak such a way or why your out at a certain time of day or night simply because of the colour of our skin?

That fear you feel is your comfortable life coming into contact with the facts that there are sections of society that deal with something everyday that you have never or rarely had to deal with theres a word for that
Bloody well said..

I wonder if those against BLM would like to be black for a day and see how they get treated ?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Southampton Gull wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 17:59 Totally agree.

I find the whole movement just causes division.
Bit like anti-vaxxers
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't know any. I know a fair few who like to know what goes into their bodies though 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Dutchgull wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 20:42 Bloody well said..

I wonder if those against BLM would like to be black for a day and see how they get treated ?

Whatever I or others say will not pacify or consolidate you or your like to reasonable debate there in lies the problem.
Try being disabled for the day if you wish to experience treatment that’s an issue.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Doesn’t make me feel uncomfortable at all, not one jot,
You take the knee if you wish, I do not wish, absolutely nobody or anything stopping you or I from doing so.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Taking the knee is a complete waste of time.
It won't do or change anything.
.....And I think I can say that as a member of the BAME community.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468