FA Trophy Draw

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

FA Trophy Draw

Post by standupsitdown »

Chesham or Aveley away.

Aveley (Essex) is just down the road to me. New ground opened about three years ago. Currently in tier 2 so fans allowed but London & Essex may be in tier 3 by then in which case no fans.

https://torquayunited.com/johnson-on-bu ... 7J2tBQLA_8
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I guess as it stands at the moment we are the top team in this competition, but do we want to go far in this? With a compressed season games coming thick and fast and all that goes with Covid restrictions etc would we be better off ‘concentrating on the league’ I personally think so!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

This is a mickey mouse competition , I was saying last night I thought we had a welcome ten days off after the Dagenham match until boxing day but no we have to travel to Essex for a totally unnecessary distraction , I hope we play the youth team and any trialists we may fancy .
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gary Johnson's view . . .

“It’s a break from our league campaign,” said Gary.

“I’ve won the Trophy previously, so it is always a good competition when it gets to the later stages. As long as crowds can come back by the time the final comes around then that’s a fantastic day for any club.

“We have a couple of league games that are very important to us before that date, but rest assured, whichever team Aveley or Chesham gets through, we’ll know all about them – and we’ll certainly respect them.”

Expect those not featuring regularly to be given starts.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I'm afraid I disagree with Mr. Culmstock. I'm old enough (78) to remember when the FA Cup Was the big deal of the season and also (being a Whitby Town supporter) when the Amateur Cup was equally prestigious.
The FA Cup was dealt a death blow by the loathsome Manchester United FC when in 2000 they opted out of the tournament to play a few games abroad.
However, imagine if we DID start to do well in this season's trophy (and there's no reason why we shouldn't), then excitement (already at quite high levels) would grow even greater, which would please - among others - Uncle Clarke. And if we won the double! Fantastic. No, Mr. Culmstock, let's get these great cup competitions back to what they were - jewels in the crown of football.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

wivelgull wrote: 10 Dec 2020, 11:09 I'm afraid I disagree with Mr. Culmstock. I'm old enough (78) to remember when the FA Cup Was the big deal of the season and also (being a Whitby Town supporter) when the Amateur Cup was equally prestigious.
The FA Cup was dealt a death blow by the loathsome Manchester United FC when in 2000 they opted out of the tournament to play a few games abroad.
However, imagine if we DID start to do well in this season's trophy (and there's no reason why we shouldn't), then excitement (already at quite high levels) would grow even greater, which would please - among others - Uncle Clarke. And if we won the double! Fantastic. No, Mr. Culmstock, let's get these great cup competitions back to what they were - jewels in the crown of football.
:goodpost: