The return of fans

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

The return of fans

Post by dawlishmatt »

I understand that under the new tier system that starts on 3rd December, all elite sports in the lowest tier will be allowed up to 4000 fans to attend games.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Oh yes...
Details here...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

I’ve been praying soooooo hard that we be able to travel to Yeovil on Boxing Day to watch us batter em!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 15:20 I understand that under the new tier system that starts on 3rd December, all elite sports in the lowest tier will be allowed up to 4000 fans to attend games.
Note that in the lowest tier it is 4000 or 50% of capacity which ever is the lower. So the maximum we could get is @3250 which in a possible promotion season is low.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

My source tells me that at the meeting she attended at lunchtime today, in addition to fans being allowed back to sporting events, although her employer has yet to receive official conformation, the whole of the south west will be placed under tier 1 restrictions, the lowest tier.
Bristow Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Bristow Gull »

I think that under the new tier system all the regular fans will be able to return to Plainmoor. Whether larger numbers will be able to attend future cup matches remains to be seen.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I hope Torquay is in tier 1. Is our ground capacity 6500? The only concern for me is that, having a pop side season ticket will that be open, how will it work with standing supporters etc?
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

So if we are allowed back Wrexham on the 5th would be a good ‘opener’ for fans!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

If our ground capacity is 6,500 does anyone know exactly how many seats we have as opposed to standing?

I think Bristows is 1,750 but no idea about the Family Stand.

Until we see the 56 page document we do not know for sure and the devil is always in the detail.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Didn't expect 3250 to be back in so soon. No chance of 2 meter social distancing with that number. Anyone read the small print. Some kind of test on entry when available? Getting in and out of pinch points like toilet areas will be interesting. Will not get too excited until I'm actually in my seat. Have the club even produced the season tickets yet? I was going to collect mine, not sure if it's waiting for me. Hopefully back for Wrexham but still not convinced!! Is away travel allowed? Still more questions than answers. Will keep an eye on website for updates!!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

fred wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 17:56 Didn't expect 3250 to be back in so soon. No chance of 2 meter social distancing with that number. Anyone read the small print. Some kind of test on entry when available? Getting in and out of pinch points like toilet areas will be interesting. Will not get too excited until I'm actually in my seat. Have the club even produced the season tickets yet? I was going to collect mine, not sure if it's waiting for me. Hopefully back for Wrexham but still not convinced!! Is away travel allowed? Still more questions than answers. Will keep an eye on website for updates!!
I've got my season ticket Fred so yes they definitely do exist!

Away travel? I'd be surprised if it's allowed to be honest.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by fred »

Jerry wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 18:29 I've got my season ticket Fred so yes they definitely do exist!

Away travel? I'd be surprised if it's allowed to be honest.
Thanks Jerry!!! I'd better pick ours up!! Sure with no live football since Sutton away and TUFC top of the league we will fill the 3250 capacity. Sure other teams will do the same so Yeovil away won't happen.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Open the away end for us. That’ll help.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by fred »

Local news seems to be suggesting we will be in tier 2. Local MPs will protest and may vote against. That's 2000 max attendance. A big difference to the finances at the club getting an extra 1250 people through the gate.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

just heard Newton Abbot MP Ann Marie Morris being interviewed on BBC Radio Plymouth. She says that her sources have told her that we will be placed in tier 2 when the lockdown ends.