Another reason why I hope we go up..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote:What are you angry about now?

Matt.
The last couple of posts regarding our ambition. :@
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Jerry wrote:No argument from me Dave, a club should always be looking to progress both on and off the field. It's a difficult juggling act though and, I'd imagine, a fine line between ambition and putting the future of the club at risk.

Yes, I imagine it's a very tricky task indeed.

I went to Bournemouth yesterday to watch Dave's (forevertufc) son play for the centre of excellence and did some thinking afterwards about the very subject of off the field progress. There's no doubt that we have made tremendous strides but one of the things that surprised me was that these kids don't even get to play in our current strip. I was shocked to find out that we rarely employ linesmen for home games. If the Club want to be taken seriously this is exactly the kind of thing that needs to change. Bournemouth had a full compliment of officials and if I was intent on producing players for a professional club I would make damned sure that our COE players were turned out in proper kit and with officials to run the game correctly. Seriously, how much strain would that put on club finances compared to the affect it would have in showing TUFC as a credible club within the area when families watch their son play for or against us? The burden can't be totally down to the parents if we as a club are choosing their gifted son to play for our COE teams. Surely a deal can be reached with Vandanel to supply our own teams with a full kit at a decent price so as to make it viable.

The point I'm trying to make is that there are areas within the structure of the club that make us look amateurish and I feel we should be doing everything we possibly can to look and act more professionally. Promoting the club in the best possible light is extremely important if we want to tempt fans into parting with their cash and making the effort to come to Plainmoor, it starts right at the bottom and should lead to the very top of the club.

Out of interest, we lost the game 5-3 in what was a very enjoyable encounter, going 5 nil down before launching a good comeback in the third and fourth periods of 20 minute sessions. Billy made a couple of errors but had no chance with the other three and did everything else very well showing a lot of potential in the process.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

NickGull wrote:..

so we don't have to witness those planks Evans & Raynor on the touchline again!! Or listen to their nonsense about how Crawley will be "punching above their weight, and fully deserve every good result they get."

Except, they won't. They will probably buy some players from L1 teams for £Â£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£ then piss this league too.
That, sadly and predictably is the plan.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 454389.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Part of the reason why I love lower league football is that money isn't the be all and end all, an inexpensive yet well put together squad with a good team spirit can do well down here. I hope that next season we (if we're still here) and the other League Two clubs don't resort to overspending to compete, it would ruin the lower leagues.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

HRG wrote:
I hope that next season we (if we're still here) and the other League Two clubs don't resort to overspending to compete, it would ruin the lower leagues.
I don't think many clubs could afford to anyway, especially not us!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Yellow4life wrote: I don't think many clubs could afford to anyway, especially not us!
I don't think we would either, but not being able to afford it hasn't stopped some clubs, Plymouth being just one example. I think it's tempting for some when seeing Crawley spending their dodgy mystery millions.
However I'd rather let them have their hollow victory if they do walk the division and save my congratulations for the team that come in second who will have really earned their success.