Uncle Clarke

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Uncle Clarke

Post by dawlishmatt »

Well the new season is almost apon us and the players are about to start their pre-season training. It's looking increasingly likely that when the season starts in October there will be no or maybe a thousand or so supporters allowed to attend games. How long this situation will last, who knows. I certainly don't see things getting anywhere near normal until next year.

While many clubs in our league and league's 1 & 2 are right on the edge, Clarke Osborne has not only allowed the manager to strengthen the squad, he has actually spent money on bringing CLE to the club on a permanent contract.

I know it's still 6 weeks to the start of the season, but looking at the other clubs in our league, I can't currently see a stronger squad than ours. Meanwhile, Osborne will be paying the staff for many months out of his own pocket.
I know I'll get slated again by many on this site for my support of Osborne, but the facts speak for themselves.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

You've got to admit Osborne has given Johnson a sporting chance. All that stuff about running the club into the ground so supporters would lose interest and GI could then close the club down hasn't come to pass when now would be the perfect opportunity to destroy a football club.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

dawlishmatt wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 21:21 Well the new season is almost apon us and the players are about to start their pre-season training. It's looking increasingly likely that when the season starts in October there will be no or maybe a thousand or so supporters allowed to attend games. How long this situation will last, who knows. I certainly don't see things getting anywhere near normal until next year.

While many clubs in our league and league's 1 & 2 are right on the edge, Clarke Osborne has not only allowed the manager to strengthen the squad, he has actually spent money on bringing CLE to the club on a permanent contract.

I know it's still 6 weeks to the start of the season, but looking at the other clubs in our league, I can't currently see a stronger squad than ours. Meanwhile, Osborne will be paying the staff for many months out of his own pocket.
I know I'll get slated again by many on this site for my support of Osborne, but the facts speak for themselves.
Stockport County have made some strong signings they should up there come the end of the season
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Rob, i agree. Along with Stockport and Torquay, Halifax look good. they have signed Matty Stenson from Solihull Moors and Jake Hyde from Woking, both proven goalscorers at this level. I also think that Chesterfield, Yeovil and Notts County will do well this coming season.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

EddUK12 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 22:30 How long before any of the following appears 'he doesnt care' 'its not his money' 'he's just after the ground' 'he knows nothing about football' 'if only you knew what i knew'
Shall we close the topic then as your post covered all of the opposing views 😄 Think I speak for most fans when I say yes it's great he's keeping us backed through these challenging times and even before COVID, but we are rightly remaining sceptical based on facts in previous dealings of his. So yes I will enjoy the good times to come, be happy we are going strong but always be weary. That's not being vendictive to Clarke that's surely just being sensible?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Louis, i find your comments somewhat bizarre. I post a thread about Torquay's owner and you are suggesting that after only 3 days the post should be closed down, yet you allow the covid 19 situation posts to run and run since March? The comments and the dozens of video links posted on this football forum have nothing to do with TUFC. May i suggest that you close down non football threads on this site.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

dawlishmatt wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 09:07 Louis, i find your comments somewhat bizarre. I post a thread about Torquay's owner and you are suggesting that after only 3 days the post should be closed down, yet you allow the covid 19 situation posts to run and run since March? The comments and the dozens of video links posted on this football forum have nothing to do with TUFC. May i suggest that you close down non football threads on this site.
I think Louis was referring to Edds comment. But agree about the covid posts, supporters of other clubs view this forum when they play us and this makes TUFC look like a laughing stock.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 10:32 I think Louis was referring to Edds comment. But agree about the covid posts, supporters of other clubs view this forum when they play us and this makes TUFC look like a laughing stock.
Oh do behave yourself. Just because you don't have the stomach to look for the real truths it doesn't mean others are the same.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

dawlishmatt wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 09:07 Louis, i find your comments somewhat bizarre. I post a thread about Torquay's owner and you are suggesting that after only 3 days the post should be closed down, yet you allow the covid 19 situation posts to run and run since March? The comments and the dozens of video links posted on this football forum have nothing to do with TUFC. May i suggest that you close down non football threads on this site.
I was actually going to post something similar to Louis which would also have had you ripping the chicken fillets out of your man bra.

I'm not surprised Osborne has solidified his investment, only time will tell if that was a wise move because given the current state of world events I wouldn't be putting another penny into the club. For that bravery alone I applaud him, it's a huge risk he's taking. For the sake of our club I hope he succeeds as long as it isn't to the detriment of the club.
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

:rofl:

"The Plopside"
"General chat about anything else goes here."
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Until he gives us a reason not to trust him, let's behave as if we do trust him.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 12:17
Oh do behave yourself. Just because you don't have the stomach to look for the real truths it doesn't mean others are the same.
I look at what is going on around me and all the information floating about and then apply common sense to it to arrive at a conclusion.
You just believe in any bullshit as long as it is dressed up as conspiracy theory for the sake of it.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Southampton Gull, talk about chicken fillets filling my man bra, did you know that Vernon Coleman is a transvestite ? He came out in 1995 and in 1996 he wrote a book called Men in bras, panties and dresses. I have just checked on Amazon and it's still available for £ 4-99 if your'e interested Dave.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Plainmoor78 wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 14:26 I look at what is going on around me and all the information floating about and then apply common sense to it to arrive at a conclusion.
You just believe in any bullshit as long as it is dressed up as conspiracy theory for the sake of it.
You look at what is going on around you......................... enough said ;-)
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

dawlishmatt wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 15:47 Southampton Gull, talk about chicken fillets filling my man bra, did you know that Vernon Coleman is a transvestite ? He came out in 1995 and in 1996 he wrote a book called Men in bras, panties and dresses. I have just checked on Amazon and it's still available for £ 4-99 if your'e interested Dave.
You'd be more up on his sexual persuasion than I ;-)
Dave