2020-21 Season Start

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

2020-21 Season Start

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Seems quite ridiculous to me to start so much later than the EFL. I can only assume that maybe, just maybe us fans will be allowed in by then and if that is the case than perhaps that start date makes sense!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

As we only average c. 2,500, with limited away fans, with a capacity of 6,000 (ish) that may mean we can all get in!

Hopefully they will be able to do something about spreading the seating - which will no doubt set some off if they can't have their usual seat! - and maybe put tape to designate spacing in the popside and away end to maintain a distance ?

Perhaps the away end could be opened to home supporters to allow distancing? Here's hoping !!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

For me it would be quite logical for non-league clubs to suspend official club away support until the new year (then review) to make it easier for home clubs and their fans to adapt to social distancing rules and would also provide the extra space to do so.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

MellowYellow wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 11:30 For me it would be quite logical for non-league clubs to suspend official club away support until the new year (then review) to make it easier for home clubs and their fans to adapt to social distancing rules and would also provide the extra space to do so.
From a purely selfish aspect, I now live over 200 miles away from Torquay, home games are a rarity, and i rely on away games to continue following the club, so as you would expect, I am not in favour of home fans only, but understand the logic behind it. Perhaps i should start watching Eastbourne or Lewes as they are quite local! :scarf:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

grockle wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 11:54 From a purely selfish aspect, I now live over 200 miles away from Torquay, home games are a rarity, and i rely on away games to continue following the club, so as you would expect, I am not in favour of home fans only, but understand the logic behind it. Perhaps i should start watching Eastbourne or Lewes as they are quite local! :scarf:
Agree - its a bit sh*t for us exiles....
However, I would go and stand with the home fans if it meant being able to watch a game.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

At a respectable distance i hope! I sat with the home fans at Maidstone in the cup this year. Luckily(?), there wasn't much to shout about!
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Will be interesting to see what's offered regarding season tickets. I would be happy to write off last year if it helps the club but understand not everyone could do that. IMO max crowd numbers in our league should be left to individual clubs as the stadiums are so different. You wouldn't need to leave gaps between all seats as a family of 4 all with a season ticket could sit together. Not sure about toilets and access/egress of ground though!!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

As yet another exile on here, I'm hoping that there will still be the option of having away fans at grounds albeit limited numbers.

T'is going to be a very strange season....
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I believe that the government said that they hope to allow people to watch live sport from October, indeed Goodwood racecourse is allowing 5000 spectators at the course on Saturday. If all goes well, we may be able to attend all 46 games. Perhaps that why we will start next season later than the football league.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Yes Oct now but was Sep originally. Our players are supposed to be back in training on Saturday. They were having two fitness games against Buckland and Exeter in next two weeks. Buckland will be off for sure. Moving it to October means a pre season of 9 weeks now. Obviously everyone behind the scenes are working there asses off and got reduced crowd to work with too. Johnson must be going ballistic at the moment
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Let’s hope is exiles are catered for when it comes to tickets. Maybe joining the official supporters club will help.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

'Fans are Back' initiative.

Boris Johnson said, "From October, we intend to bring back audiences in stadiums...these changes must be done in a Covid-secure way, subject to the successful outcome of pilots."

A leading British technology firm have given the UK government a pilot scheme intending to allow sports fans back into stadiums with a screening process before entry. The 'Fans Are Back' initiative has been created by Manchester firm VST Enterprises Ltd who have submitted pilot programmes to the Government. The pilot scheme would work by a test group of 500-5,000 home fans downloading its 'V-Health Passport' onto their phones before testing day, including ID and personal details. They would then have a C-19 test which would take one minute, with results issued in 10 minutes to confirm and authorise a person's Covid status which could be scanned prior to entry into the ground.

Where this pilot scheme ends up - who knows! But a pre-match screening process, like this, would allow Plainmoor to safely re-open and allow fans to return to match days - being C-19 secure - and give the fans 'peace of mind'.

For more info click link: https://www.investegate.co.uk/vst-enter ... 00100836U/
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

MellowYellow wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 14:13 'Fans are Back' initiative.

They would then have a C-19 test which would take one minute, with results issued in 10 minutes to confirm and authorise a person's Covid status which could be scanned prior to entry into the ground.
Really? That sounds more unbelievable than the crap being posted on the coronavirus thread.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 16:03 Really? That sounds more unbelievable than the crap being posted on the coronavirus thread.
Why? because of the time scale? It can be done with an Antigen rapid diagnostic test instead of a full blown modular test. Whether it will happen, well that's another story.