The end of the season.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

The end of the season.

Post by dawlishmatt »

I understand that the National League has sent ballot papers to all member clubs concerning ending the season now. I believe the national league want the season made void. I am not sure about promotion or relegation,but i expect the whole season being null and void, there will be no promotion if the clubs vote for the leagues recommendation.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

The vote to end the season now, comes with a resolution sent to the various clubs to vote on. It reads as follows
Under chapter 2 of part 13 of the companies act 2006, the company propose that having regard to the current restrictions which the government has imposed as a result of the ongoing COVID -19 pandemic and the disruption this has caused and may continue to cause to the operation of the national league, the following resolution be passed as an ordinary resolution.

ORDINARY RESOLUTION

That the playing season ( as defined in the FA standardised Membership rules 2019/20 of the season of the company, i.e. The National League shall be immediately end for all fixtures scheduled up to and including 25 April 2020.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

No mention of voiding the season
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

25 April is when the regular season is scheduled to finish. No mention of play offs, promotion or relegation.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

The vote is in two parts:-
Part 1 - Vote to end season now or play if / when they can.
Part 2 - If clubs vote to end the season now, this second vote will decide how to sort out play offs, promotion and relegations.

I would guess the season will end now, clearly we have a long way to go with this lockdown. The second part of the vote is more interesting depending on where you are in the league, you could be relegated / promoted on a vote. Maybe for once we are lucky, in my view not affecting us.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Difficult decision to make. The problem is, is that no one knows when football will resume. It could be, and I sincerely hope not, be this time next year, at which point it would be too late to start a new season, but an ideal time to resume this season.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Further to my comments concerning the ending of this season, the National league chairman, Brian Barwick yesterday clarified what the vote actually means.
The first vote, to end the season now involves all 24 National league premier clubs and for club representives from both the National League North and South, meaning 32 clubs in total. The clubs involved have until 7th May to cast their votes.
Should the vote to end the season now be carried, then the 32 clubs will be given a second vote with several options to determine the outcome of the season, such as promotion, relegation or having the season being declared void.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Seems a bit crazy to me , leaving it to the teams to vote on how the season ends and who goes up etc. People are saying Barrow should be Champions but I would feel aggrieved if I were Harrogate, on current form they would end up with 87 pts and Barrow 85 and they had Barrow to play at home.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Surely the National League will need to make a decision to match the Football League & they will need to match the Premier League.
For example, the National League may decide to promote Barrow but the Football League may void the season with no promotion or relegation.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

standupsitdown wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 09:12 Surely the National League will need to make a decision to match the Football League & they will need to match the Premier League.
For example, the National League may decide to promote Barrow but the Football League may void the season with no promotion or relegation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52316971

Looks like the NL clubs are split and can't make their minds up.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Do we know what our official vote was?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

I now understand that at least 10 clubs are going to refuse to vote on the league season ending now because of what may happen if they vote yes as regards what will happen if a second vote as planned for takes place, ref promotion, relegation and the play offs. I'm not sure of our clubs intention, but it seems to me that eventually the season will be declared null and void.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

National League Statement (22nd April 2020)

National League Chief Executive Officer, Michael Tattersall, commented, “At a time when the entire country is wrestling with the devastating impact of Covid-19, the cancellation of the remaining normal season matches brings a degree of certainty to our Clubs coping with the business implications of the virus.”

In consideration of the very serious and unprecedented national public health emergency caused by the coronavirus, National League, National League North and National League South football activities have been suspended since 16 March. The options concerning the sporting outcomes of the 2019/20 season remain under careful and timely consideration, and further updates will be given in due course.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Nick Potkins wrote: 22 Apr 2020, 13:26 National League Statement (22nd April 2020)

National League Chief Executive Officer, Michael Tattersall, commented, “At a time when the entire country is wrestling with the devastating impact of Covid-19, the cancellation of the remaining normal season matches brings a degree of certainty to our Clubs coping with the business implications of the virus.”

In consideration of the very serious and unprecedented national public health emergency caused by the coronavirus, National League, National League North and National League South football activities have been suspended since 16 March. The options concerning the sporting outcomes of the 2019/20 season remain under careful and timely consideration, and further updates will be given in due course.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52381612
Link here.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

In other words, no one still knows what division they will be playing in, if any, when football returns.