Torquay United v Chorley 29/2/20

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Torquay United v Chorley 29/2/20

Post by lucy6lucy »

What a crazy league this is. Win this game we could be 3 points off a playoff place lose it be 3 points from a relegation place(based on 4 being relegated). Personally I’m being optimistic, let’s beat this Chorley team and get in the promotion mix. Chorley away back in late November was a really bad experience, I was full of flu, the team was bloody hopeless with the injury crisis at its height, the away support was ready for a battle with the Chorley knob heads from Wigan and the toilets had no electricity.
Basically let’s put Chorley to the gauntlet on Saturday. Shame little is out for season but we have adequate cover, I’m going 4-1 Torquay COYY.
Lucy
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Heavy rain again overnight(Thursday) and more due overnight tonight. I noticed the floodlights on last night which i assume is the ground staff working on the pitch. Hopefully all will be ok.
Hoping for a really positive formation and really go at this Chorley team.
3-0 home win...Reid, Azeez and Cundy to score his first goal. Yes i know i m being optimistic.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Surely Wynter will return at right back and if Andrews replaces Little, does that mean a back four with Cundy ? missing out because Whitfield is one of the first names on the teamsheet , be hard to drop Lewis after last week.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

desperado wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 10:55 Surely Wynter will return at right back and if Andrews replaces Little, does that mean a back four with Cundy ? missing out because Whitfield is one of the first names on the teamsheet , be hard to drop Lewis after last week.
No way Wynter starts, what’s with the rush anyway? Lewis was amense last week.... Wynter played 5 mins last week.... expect him to get 15-20 tomorrow. He’ll be brought gradually and slowly.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

A must win game if we have any chance of making the playoffs. Confidence should be high after last week.
I wouldnt be suprised if it were the same starting 11 but with Andrews replacing the injured Little.
Covolan deserves another chance in goal and Lewis did well so I can't see Wynter starting.
Surely we will be just too strong. Going for a 2-0 win and another clean sheet. COYYs
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Hopefully the game will not be a victim of yet another storm (Jorge) - horrendously windy in Torbay already.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Hopefully the weather is ok and we can win the game. I went up for the game up there and we were shite all over the pitch.. Little missing is a massive loss and could cause us to miss out on the playoffs.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Is a pitch inspection scheduled?
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

None planned at moment but heavy rain in morning may get one
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Whydoibother wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 21:52 None planned at moment but heavy rain in morning may get one
If there is one, I hope it's an early one as I'm driving down from Kent for this one... (fingers crossed) :keepie:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Hopefully game is on and if Andrews can slot in to Littles place we should be good for the three points. Plus it looks like Frankie Vincent could be back on the bench 😁
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

PhilGull wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 22:14 Hopefully game is on and if Andrews can slot in to Littles place we should be good for the three points. Plus it looks like Frankie Vincent could be back on the bench 😁
Vincent had a game today.... he won’t be on the bench
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

United62 wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 22:13 If there is one, I hope it's an early one as I'm driving down from Kent for this one... (fingers crossed) :keepie:
I have heard nothing about a pitch inspection this morning. It is dry and sunny in the bay right now so I fully expect game to be on.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We simply have to score first against this mob, concede a sloppy goal and we will have a real fight on our hands.
They may have only won 4 games and none for 11 but they have drawn at Barrow and Yeovil and I am sure they will raise their game for this one.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I have called the club, twice and no pitch inspection due. That had better be the case, as making the 400 mile round trip with my wife and daughter today. Come on you yellows, hoping for three points. . .