Ade Azeez

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Ade Azeez

Post by Griff1n »

Previous loanee Ade Azeez is back:-

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... s-torquay/
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

An overwhelming response. Let’s hope his experience in league football and indeed match experience will see him do well. Good signing
Lucy
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well I think this could be a very good signing.
Look at his record, Wimbledon 54 goals in 85 games.
Partick Thistle 32 goals in 38 games.
Dover on loan 10 goals in 12 games.
96 goals in 135 games is very good in my book at a higher level.
6 feet 1 tall but coming back from a serious injury.
Welcome Ade I think you will enjoy your time at Plainmoor with a top Manager. Good luck.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

portugull wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 22:52 Well I think this could be a very good signing.
Look at his record, Wimbledon 54 goals in 85 games.
Partick Thistle 32 goals in 38 games.
Dover on loan 10 goals in 12 games.
96 goals in 135 games is very good in my book at a higher level.
6 feet 1 tall but coming back from a serious injury.
Welcome Ade I think you will enjoy your time at Plainmoor with a top Manager. Good luck.
where did you get those statistics from. According to Wikipedia his record is

Wimbledon 12 goals in 85 games
Partick 2 goals in 32 games
Cambridge 2 goals in 39 games
Dover 1 goal in 12 games
Newport 1 goal in 12 games

I make that 18 goals in 180 games. Also there is YouTube video of him missing a load of one-on-ones. Looks like another dud loan signing.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

That's right P78 - Wiki shows just 23 goals in 212 League appearances and 32 in 245 in all games. By no means prolific . . . yet . . . . Good luck to him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ade_Azeez
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Seem to recall he was more of a right winger when he was with us last time. A bit raw then but hopefully we will see a better player now.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

I think the goals to games ratios are a bit skewed as 130 of those games were as a substitute.

I thought he was decent in a poor team when he was here last. Hopefully he will get up to speed quickly after his long layoff.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Well that is very strange Plainmoor 78.
My source was WIKI but this morning the data is the same for appearances but different for the goals!
I should have realised it was too good to be true. Sorry guys.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 04:57

........... there is YouTube video of him missing a load of one-on-ones. Looks like another dud loan signing.
I'm sure there would have been plenty of similar videos of Jamie Reid prior to Gary Johnson getting the best out of him. Let's not write this guy off before seeing what the manager can get out of this particular player.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

It's strange how some players are good at some clubs and crap when they move on. Examples at Torquay include Elliott Benyon. He was prolific for us and i believe we sold him to Swindon for £ 300,000. Swindon bought him as a replacement for Charlie Austin!!!!! Other examples include Leon Constantine who scored 10 goals in 42 appearances for us, yet was prolific elsewhere and more recently Billy Bodin who scored 11 goals in 87 games for us and 35 in 95 for Bristol Rovers.
Regarding Jamie Reid, well i was probably his biggest critic. Reid scored just 8 goals in 2 seasons for us in the national league ( 78 matches), before we were relegated. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than to be proved wrong about Reid. Whether this is down to the manager or Reid himself, well i don't care, as long as he keeps banging them in for us.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Let's face it. Why would a prolific league scorer be available in the first case? And why would he come to us when virtually every club is looking for a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker? The answer is that there are no givens and Soton is right that it will be a combination of his potential (which seems evident) and how the manager can get the best out of him.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Modgull wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 10:47 Let's face it. Why would a prolific league scorer be available in the first case? And why would he come to us when virtually every club is looking for a guaranteed 20 goals a season striker? The answer is that there are no givens and Soton is right that it will be a combination of his potential (which seems evident) and how the manager can get the best out of him.
Very true.
The player who went to Northampton instead of coming here springs to mind! :@
......but not his name obviously..... :Oops: :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 10:47 It's strange how some players are good at some clubs and crap when they move on. Examples at Torquay include Elliott Benyon. He was prolific for us and i believe we sold him to Swindon for £ 300,000. Swindon bought him as a replacement for Charlie Austin!!!!! Other examples include Leon Constantine who scored 10 goals in 42 appearances for us, yet was prolific elsewhere and more recently Billy Bodin who scored 11 goals in 87 games for us and 35 in 95 for Bristol Rovers.
Regarding Jamie Reid, well i was probably his biggest critic. Reid scored just 8 goals in 2 seasons for us in the national league ( 78 matches), before we were relegated. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than to be proved wrong about Reid. Whether this is down to the manager or Reid himself, well i don't care, as long as he keeps banging them in for us.
Please check this account Southampton Gull....
I'm even more convinced now its been hacked...... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

MONEY!!! That's why some players have numerous clubs throughout their careers. I believe we paid 60-70 grand for Leon Constantine, a club record at the time. Guy Branston is a classic example. Branston played for 14 different clubs, not including the 13 clubs he went out on loan with and won player of the year at 7 different clubs, including ours. Having being voted player of the year for us, the 2010/11 season, Branston left Torquay because we only offered him a 1 year contract while Bradford city offered him a double your money 2 year deal.
Barnsley Chop, i form my personal opinion of players by seeing most games and statistics. Before we were relegated, Jamie Reid scored 8 goals in 78 games, hardly inspiring. Last season he scored 30+ goals in a crap league. This season i expected Read to struggle, but thankfully i have been proved wrong, hence my change of opinion.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 12:24 Please check this account Southampton Gull....
I'm even more convinced now its been hacked...... :rofl:
Russian or Ukrainian hack I reckon - definitely not Dawlishmatt's true thoughts! We need a Muller report! :whistle: