14 More

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not going to get into an argument about an extremely complex issue , the point was, in that video from the Labour conference, what was missing ? what couldn't you see ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Can all this crap be moved to the Plopside please?
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 15:30 Immature?

Did you see the response from the Irish lady controlling things?

That is precisely why the UNDEMOCRATIC body has been rejected DEMOCRATICALLY by the British people who identify with that pathetic flag as you call it.

Those in that parliament have been elected ! Remember we had elections to elect Euro MPs ! Er when did you last vote for somebody in the House of Lords ?? Yeah that is so DEMOCRATIC !!

I was referring to the flag as being pathetic because of the size of them ! Waving them like little children. I was not saying that the flag was pathetic.

The Irish lady was just saying that all flags are not allowed in the chamber not just Union flags. If Scotland get there way then the union flag will be redundant ! In the last general election more people voted for remain parties.

We have an outdated first past the post system which does not reflect the number of votes cast for the various parties.

We need a PR system which reflects real democracy.

On a personal note I don't like nationalism as we are all human beings inhabiting one planet and we need to be able to help and work together to benefit us all.

Cooperation not isolation......as the USA will have us for breakfast in any trade deal.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Jerry wrote: Can all this crap be moved to the Plopside please?
I agree, get moved to where it belongs. We all know the debate is pretty much a 50:50 split.
TUST number 080
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

About 1973
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Only 13 more games to go,
Let's hope mid table after today's game :'( :'(
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Jpr wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 17:29 Only 13 more games to go,
Let's hope mid table after today's game :'( :'(
Indeed hammer blow, but you did bring Brexit into :whistle:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

forevertufc wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 17:32 Indeed hammer blow, but you did bring Brexit into :whistle:
Oh yes :devil: but we have got out of having one army, out from having the euro rather than the pound, and out from being told what to do and when todo it. THIS COUNTRY IS GREAT with all the different people from all around the world living here and working here and this helps with players in are team and other teams being here. I grew up in Australia and every morning we would sing advance Australia fair to flag, so let's all be proud :engflag: sorry no Union Jack
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Dutchgull wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 16:28

Those in that parliament have been elected ! Remember we had elections to elect Euro MPs ! Er when did you last vote for somebody in the House of Lords ?? Yeah that is so DEMOCRATIC !!

I was referring to the flag as being pathetic because of the size of them ! Waving them like little children. I was not saying that the flag was pathetic.

The Irish lady was just saying that all flags are not allowed in the chamber not just Union flags. If Scotland get there way then the union flag will be redundant ! In the last general election more people voted for remain parties.

We have an outdated first past the post system which does not reflect the number of votes cast for the various parties.

We need a PR system which reflects real democracy.

On a personal note I don't like nationalism as we are all human beings inhabiting one planet and we need to be able to help and work together to benefit us all.

Cooperation not isolation......as the USA will have us for breakfast in any trade deal.

Don't disagree with most of that, just remember one thing though, thousands and thousands of people died for that flag and to preserve their National identity. Globalism is the true enemy of mankind not Nationalism. As I said previously, we love Europe, but hate the EU.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

We were NOT told what to do. The EU is made up of 27 countries negotiating and then working together. This is the REAL flag of Australia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia ... ginal_Flag

Not that colonialist crap.

Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

Well we are out Happy Days. :engflag: :engflag: :engflag:

And only 13 games to go

(For we are young and FREE).
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Jpr wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 20:39 Well we are out Happy Days. :engflag: :engflag: :engflag:

And only 13 games to go

(For we are young and FREE).
What the feck are you on ? We are free well we were until Brexit has ended freedom of movement you Richard Head !

Yet another clueless brexiteer :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yet another insulting and angry little Remoaner ;-)
Dave

Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

Dutchgull wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 00:54 What the feck are you on ? We are free well we were until Brexit has ended freedom of movement you Richard Head !

Yet another clueless brexiteer :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Your not a very happy chap are you, I have not insulted you in anyway and you have come out with a statement like that, the vote that I made is of my own knowledge and no one else's, BUT THIS COUNTRY HAS SPOKEN right or wrong so we get on with it.
As for the movement of people we have allways been Abel to travel and with the right paper work Abel to live there to and that wont change. :engflag: could some one please find a Union Jack
It was the rulers this country wanted away from Not the people.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 08:52 Yet another insulting and angry little Remoaner ;-)
:goodpost:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"