Kieran Charnock

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GirlOnATerrace
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Kieran Charnock

Post by GirlOnATerrace »

Why oh why isn't this bloke playing?

Now this is what I don't like;
- we sign Branston and he plays on the up coming saturday and Charnock gets replaced.
- Branston gets his 3 match ban and Charnock comes on and does a brilliant job.
- new season and Branston back.

AND NOW...
- Ellis is injured which would give Charnock the opportunity to play while Senda settles in and plays a few more reserves matches to give himself fit but noo, Buckle goes and places him straight away and chooses him over Charnock?

This is only my personal opinion as I'm finding it annoying.

Whats your views?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I think the main reason Kieran didn't play yesterday is because PB didn't want two left-footed centre halves. I understand where he is coming from with that really, but I'd imagine if Ellis misses Tuesday, then it will be Charnock/Branno.
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

Always thought charnock was a good player, despite his poor disciplinary record, what we loses in the air he makes up for with his positioning, could be in for a start soon, Branston gradually getting worse in my opinion.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

shocking he isnt playing really. :? :twisted:

i bet

1. hes gutted and

2. if he doesnt play when ellis, the pickler or robbo are injured/suspended etc. then he will be off in January.

the only good thing is we'd get a fee for him...great. :evil:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I turned to mate when charnock came on at the Stevenage game, and said "charnock is probably the best 4th choice centre back in this division" and I stand by that. Would walk into most midtable league 2 sides, kept out by a combination of form and circumstance.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I'm not sure about the 'two left-footed centre-halves argument' (although it might well be true). Lots of teams play with two right-footed players there, so not sure there's much difference?

I think the principle reasons were a) Charnock didn't have a great game for the reserves on Tuesday, and b) most importantly, he wanted to play an attacking full-back in a game at home that we needed to win.

Quite sensible really. It's a shame for Charnock, who is unlucky not to be seeing more regular first team action, but he's not the first player to suffer that fate.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We all know that Charnocks exclusion on Saturday probably cost us three points - the left footed argument does not stand up at all. Senda isn't fit.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Senda wasn't obviously lacking fitness. He tired, because he was asked to cover a lot of ground - as an attacking full-back, that goes with the territory. We were naturally going to be more 'open' than in previous weeks, because our right-back was spending much of his time in advance of the half way line. Robbo doesn't do that.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

He should be playing. He did well in the final minutes agaisnt Stevenage when Ellis was injured. I'd thought he'd of been a bit peed off on Saturday that he wasn't playing. I hope he plays on Tuesday.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

If Ellis is still out I hope Kieran gets a start tonight, keep Robbo at rightback
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

RussianGull wrote:If Ellis is still out I hope Kieran gets a start tonight, keep Robbo at rightback
We're at home. We need to be positive. If Senda is fit enough to play again so soon, i hope he does.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Fonda wrote: We're at home. We need to be positive. If Senda is fit enough to play again so soon, i hope he does.
It was right to play Senda on Saturday I think but this is a different game against better opposition in different circumstances - we are now a team who are struggling to pick up points. I'd argue after losing (and conceding three) against Macclesfield it's imperitive we go back to basics and go with the formula that has got us into the playoff positions. That means having two pretty defensive full backs who protect our centre halves and keep us solid. If we keep a clean sheet, we are always in with a good chance of snatching a goal or two with the players we have up front. We're a team out of form, lets worry about having attacking full backs when we are back in the swing of winning games again.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Can certainly understand that thinking Jamie, and it's probably the more sensible option. I'd just like us to enter this game with a completely positive attitude.

The most important change is the formation though. As long as we go 4-4-2, i'll be reasonably satisifed.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Fonda wrote:I'm not sure about the 'two left-footed centre-halves argument' (although it might well be true). Lots of teams play with two right-footed players there, so not sure there's much difference?

I think the principle reasons were a) Charnock didn't have a great game for the reserves on Tuesday, and b) most importantly, he wanted to play an attacking full-back in a game at home that we needed to win.

Quite sensible really. It's a shame for Charnock, who is unlucky not to be seeing more regular first team action, but he's not the first player to suffer that fate.

It is true when it comes to dancing, I am not very good at dancing and my wife says it is because I have 2 left feet.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Not a great game today, we badly miss ellis. Better defensive display than Saturday though(as if it could of got worse!) :ugeek: