Parking close to Plainmoor !!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Parking close to Plainmoor !!

Post by Dutchgull »

Hi All

I was given a parking ticket on Saturday 5th October during the match against Fylde as I parked in Westlands Lane as many people do on match days.

As I understand it the parking sign says no parking except on match days. A list below the sign gives the match dates.

Is there any one out there who received a parking ticket on that date as there were other cars parked both in front and behind me and on the other side of the road. So I was wondering if any body else was booked and is appealing against it ?

I am not going to park there again but every match day others still do !!

Am I wrong or was there an over zealous civil enforcement officer about on that day !

Thanks for reading

:red: :red: :red: !!
BCFC1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BCFC1 »

Wrong way round. It is no parking on match days.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dutchgull wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 20:48 Hi All

I was given a parking ticket on Saturday 5th October during the match against Fylde as I parked in Westlands Lane as many people do on match days.

As I understand it the parking sign says no parking except on match days. A list below the sign gives the match dates.

Is there any one out there who received a parking ticket on that date as there were other cars parked both in front and behind me and on the other side of the road. So I was wondering if any body else was booked and is appealing against it ?

I am not going to park there again but every match day others still do !!

Am I wrong or was there an over zealous civil enforcement officer about on that day !

Thanks for reading

:red: :red: :red: !!
Dutch, my old cheese, you parked right in front of a sign that says not to park there. I would imagine an appeal on the basis of, 'but I always park here on matchdays' would fall on deaf, if amused ears.

There's a sign in my local rectory that asks people not to knife up the Padre. I'm not sure, but I reckon if I pay him a visit with my mate Stanley, I might find myself enjoying a spell at Her Maj's pleasure.

Also, if you're going to appeal a parking ticket, it might be worth not leaving it three **** months. If you're not careful, you'll find yourself on Can't Pay? We'll Seize Goods To The Value Of!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

In that case why is the road FULL of parked cars on match day ???
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Disabled Blue Badge clearly displayed in every vehicle except yours?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Just looked on Street View. Sign says match days only, no waiting.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Dutchgull »

Well I wont be parking there again and I will look out for blue badges on any parked cars and warn them if they don't have one so they don't get a ticket !!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

ferrarilover wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 09:47 Dutch, my old cheese, you parked right in front of a sign that says not to park there. I would imagine an appeal on the basis of, 'but I always park here on matchdays' would fall on deaf, if amused ears.

There's a sign in my local rectory that asks people not to knife up the Padre. I'm not sure, but I reckon if I pay him a visit with my mate Stanley, I might find myself enjoying a spell at Her Maj's pleasure.

Also, if you're going to appeal a parking ticket, it might be worth not leaving it three **** months. If you're not careful, you'll find yourself on Can't Pay? We'll Seize Goods To The Value Of!

Matt.
Matt you’re softening with your age. A very par sarcastic assessment. Nice to see you back :na:
Lucy
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Dutchgull wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 18:51 In that case why is the road FULL of parked cars on match day ???
For the same reason that prison is full of criminals.

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

lucy6lucy wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 21:38 Matt you’re softening with your age. A very par sarcastic assessment. Nice to see you back :na:
Yeah, sorry about that. I rather like ol' Dutch, so didn't really want to take the piss too strongly.

Matt.