League 2: Northampton Town vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
kbgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ashley Yeoman

Post by kbgull »

Im hoping for Ellis to get recalled! Robertson for me has looked dodgy at centre back over the last few games, He conceeded that free kick for the Cheltenham goal, his goal that got dissalowed, a penalty given against Rotherham (i think) all for the same offence, Pushing in the back! He tends to do this a lot and and i think that before time, another big decision like this could go against us!
Ellis attacks the ball more and is more mobile against the pacier striker!
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

I,ve got two mates coming with me from Chesterfield for this game. The bloke who usually comes with me has not seen us win a league game yet this season ( Chesterfield, Accrington and Morecambe ) away although he did see our 1-0 win at Mansfield in the cup. Hoping he ain't gonna jinx us again!! Superstitions aside, i do personally feel like this one has got 0-0 written all over it. I certainly am not confident of an away win. Maybe i am just expecting too much to hope for another win. I'm going 0-0.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

kbgull wrote:Im hoping for Ellis to get recalled! Robertson for me has looked dodgy at centre back over the last few games, He conceeded that free kick for the Cheltenham goal, his goal that got dissalowed, a penalty given against Rotherham (i think) all for the same offence, Pushing in the back! He tends to do this a lot and and i think that before time, another big decision like this could go against us!
Ellis attacks the ball more and is more mobile against the pacier striker!
Im hoping he doesnt. Ellis needs to learn how to concentrate for the match. Not keep switching off and letting an attacker get away from him.

Disallowed goal against Cheltenham ? Watch the highlights again. The defender is moving backwards into him and leaning forward to make a back. The goal should have been given.

The Rotherham penalty was for a tackle, not a push.

Very dodgy looking with 3 wins from the last 4
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Concerned that folks on this post are not feeling strong. :-/
This is a dead cert if ever there was one. :engflag:
Buckle will give the lads the Rudyard Kipling and remind them that every game from now is the FA Cup Final. :engflag:
In 24hrs we will be 3rd after a 4-0 beasting of Northampton sending them spiralling towards Barnet who will escape BSP hell on the final day of the season. :engflag:
COYY :scarf: :scarf:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:Concerned that folks on this post are not feeling strong. :-/
This is a dead cert if ever there was one. :engflag:
Buckle will give the lads the Rudyard Kipling and remind them that every game from now is the FA Cup Final. :engflag:
In 24hrs we will be 3rd after a 4-0 beasting of Northampton sending them spiralling towards Barnet who will escape BSP hell on the final day of the season. :engflag:
COYY :scarf: :scarf:
I would certainly laugh my nutz off (not in a literal sense obviously) if Real Cobblers got caught by Barnet, after the bolleaux spouted on here by that numpty before the opening game :clap:

However 'Cheesehead' :na: , that Johnson bloke has a habit of moulding a team over a few week that are hard to break down once he gets them playing the way he wants...

Is it Millertime yet? :-D

edit: Havnt they drawn something like 7 of the last 11?
Last edited by Fletch on 25 Mar 2011, 15:01, edited 5 times in total.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Just called up the box office and its £19 with no student rate! Ouch. Will probably still come though.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Money-grabbing Midland Muppets with an inflated sense of self-importance!
:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

chippygull wrote:Money-grabbing Midland Muppets with an inflated sense of self-importance!
:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
(Ignoring the fact that I am a Midlander) :lol: :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Home from work now and it's time to get into the mood for football................as if that'll be difficult :scarf:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

watching the clock here. another hour or so and i'm outta here, pick up the boy from school, and hit the road to sunny milan-ton.

COYY !!!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

should be hot and sunny down in the Medlands
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

like southamptongull i am just waiting for the girlfriend to get back from rotherham with the motor then i,m off from chesterfield down the absolute hell highway which is the m1 on a friday knocking off time. Hope i get there in time and that some inferior motorist hasn't caused a pile up anywhere!!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

25 mins till knock-off time and then zoom zoom A34, M40, A43 then San Sixfields! :scarf:
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

2-0 Tomlin to score 1st please.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

In Frankie & Bennys, someone got hold of Pauls phone and sent all his male contacts a suggestive message professing manlove :)

See some of you here I hope
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com