[OS] #Blackout This Black Friday

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

[OS] #Blackout This Black Friday

Post by Louis »

Torquay United AFC are pleased to announce the launch of the limited edition ‘Blackout’ shirt. The blackout edition is the latest instalment in a number of ground-breaking kit initiatives the club has released in partnership with Nike and Pro:)irect, following on from the stunning 120-year anniversary shirt in May, and the iconic 2019/20 matchday replica kits. In line with those kits, the blackout shirt again includes United’s new minimalist crest adjacent to  the legendary Nike swoosh, with the club’s ‘1899’ insignia proudly taking centre-stage below them. This limited edition shirt will be available to buy from 9am on Black Friday, 29th November 2019 from both the Club Shop at Plainmoor and also from Pro:)irect.

Read more
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Moving this from the press room board to here so nobody misses out on this limited edition shirt for black Friday, you'll need to buy from 9am tomorrow as the link isn't live yet.

Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

hope they include a tube of superglue
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Haha yeah at £60 it's not much of a black Friday deal when we know there may be quality issues with it. Sadly I'm going to pass ☹️

goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Shame it’s so expensive, if they had it at £30 they’d sell loads for Xmas etc. As usual, ripping off the fans
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

Keeping it in the box probably best place for it as the kits so far haven't stood up to the extreme nature of a t-shirt's life such as wearing them and occasionally sticking them in the washing machine. Emblems falling off left right and centre. Kids' kits not even four months old.

Emailed the club twice as bought them in the shop. Once in October and once couple weeks ago. No reply, which is a pi$$ take. Still within six months so they're obligated to give me a replacement or fix it (unlikely they can fix it now that letters have peeled off) as per consumer rights act so gonna pop in tomorrow and ask for a replacement. Wont look good them wanting to shift these blackout shirts when I'm returning a shoddy kit.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Uptongull wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 20:53 Keeping it in the box probably best place for it as the kits so far haven't stood up to the extreme nature of a t-shirt's life such as wearing them and occasionally sticking them in the washing machine. Emblems falling off left right and centre. Kids' kits not even four months old.

Emailed the club twice as bought them in the shop. Once in October and once couple weeks ago. No reply, which is a pi$$ take. Still within six months so they're obligated to give me a replacement or fix it (unlikely they can fix it now that letters have peeled off) as per consumer rights act so gonna pop in tomorrow and ask for a replacement. Wont look good them wanting to shift these blackout shirts when I'm returning a shoddy kit.
I find it quite ridiculous that this can happen to a brand new shirt these days.
The older versions - however dodgy in design :) stand the test of time.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

I really hate to *that* guy, but does nobody else find it ridiculous that there are now 5 shirts that have been released since the summer? I know that 2 of them are 'limited edition' - which from what i can tell, simply means "they're not getting worn by the team", but it's still a blatant cash grab.

I bought the original one not realising that they'd use the same design - albeit with different colours - on the match shirts this season. And the quality is lacking, too.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

After all the negative comments about the quality of the other shirts I wonder how many will get sold. Surely if it bombs this will be the last we hear of it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

happytorq wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 15:38 I really hate to *that* guy, but does nobody else find it ridiculous that there are now 5 shirts that have been released since the summer? I know that 2 of them are 'limited edition' - which from what i can tell, simply means "they're not getting worn by the team", but it's still a blatant cash grab.

I bought the original one not realising that they'd use the same design - albeit with different colours - on the match shirts this season. And the quality is lacking, too.
I'm more than happy for the club to try money making ventures, quality aside I think it's a great idea.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

Southampton Gull wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 11:45I'm more than happy for the club to try money making ventures, quality aside I think it's a great idea.
I don't begrudge them trying to make more money. I do, however, have a problem with making the same thing 5 times and expecting/hoping people to shell out each time.

A limited edition of anything is only worthwhile (to me) if it is sufficiently different from the regular editions. I don't feel either of the 2 LEs are. To be honest, had I known that the home, away, and 3rd shirts would look the way they do, I'd have got one of each of them together, rather than the black and gold version.

At this point, I'm really just ANGRY MAN HAMMERING KEYBOARD (lol) though, so all I can do is exercise my right and not buy them :)

(also, another mini-rant; Pro-Direct collecting VAT from me even though they shouldn't is at best lazy and at worst blatant profiteering.)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

That's the beauty of it though. If you don't agree you have the choice to ignore the offer. If people want to invest some money into the club they can get another shirt for their collection.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com