Chorley FC v Torquay United, 23rd November 2019

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Chorley FC v Torquay United, 23rd November 2019

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Well ladies and gents, after a disappointing result at home, we visit Lancashire (unfortunately) to play Chorley.
A definite opportunity to get back on the horse and collect three points to get our push for top spot back on track.
Not heard anything re injuries to Frankie Vincent & Ben Whitfield which caused us trouble on Saturday. Hopefully one or both will be back and maybe a few of the others? Hoping we can go back to a more familiar formation with the players available.....
Chorley themselves pulled off a bit of a surprise last week, with victory away at Chesterfield - although they apparently tried their best to give it away near the end! It just shows you cant take any team/game for granted, so hoping for another Stockport or Halifax away performance from us.
Chorley are still bottom despite their victory, have the worst goal difference in the league at -20, but have only conceded five more goals than we have!
They are still part-time team, which of course makes it difficult in a league like this, so hopefully we can put this to our advantage.
Be good to visit a new ground, with no segregation and apparently a nice social club on site.
Looking forward as ever to meet up with the Yellow Army, including the Lancashire Gulls..... :)
Hoping for another good 100+ turnout.....
Safe trip there everyone, especially for those on travelling up from the Midlands and South and those travelling with the Travel Club on the Big Yellow Fun Bus.
Apparently, we are frequenting the Sir Henry Tate (whoever he is) Public House near the station for a coca-cola (other soft drinks are available) or two.
Would be great to see you there.
Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Apparently, we are frequenting the Sir Henry Tate (whoever he is)
[/quote]

I find it hard to believe that in your infinite wisdom, you have never heard of the Tate Gallery, or ever used Tate & Lyle sugar :whistle:
TerryTorq
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Northcott

Post by TerryTorq »

Slightly off track. Sir Henry Tate was born in Chorley and set up a sugar company in the 1800s which sometime after his death merged with another to become Tate & Lyle so if you like sugar in tea or coffee he is the one you have to thank. A very generous man the Tate Gallery in London is named after him.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SNW, would it not have been easier to say you’re meeting in a spoons. 😀
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It seems possible that the injuries to Whitfield/ Vincent may not be as bad as first thought, as it was reported that they sustained "kicks" in the game and are battling to be fit for Saturday.

The main doubt concerns Jamie Reid of course but there is no point in playing him with an injury and we need to get him 100% fit - time that Duku or Keating took their chance if called upon.

I thought that Andrews ankle injury is short term and with Lewis returning as well we ought to be able to put out a team that can beat Chorley.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

If Jamie Reid is not fit I hope Olaf Kozela gets a chance
This boy is a natural goalscorer and scored a hat trick last night against Elmore.
I know it was only Elmore but given a chance I think Olaf might just surprise us all.
One thing we can be sure of If Gary selects him it means Olaf is ready and Gary will only play him to start if he thinks he is the best option.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If Reid is not fit, which I’m sure he is? We’ll start janneh upfront alone. Olaf, Duku, Keating are not good enough and it’s pretty clear
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

grockle wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 09:57 Apparently, we are frequenting the Sir Henry Tate (whoever he is)
I find it hard to believe that in your infinite wisdom, you have never heard of the Tate Gallery, or ever used Tate & Lyle sugar :whistle:
[/quote]

The first one to reel in....... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

TerryTorq wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 10:05 Slightly off track. Sir Henry Tate was born in Chorley and set up a sugar company in the 1800s which sometime after his death merged with another to become Tate & Lyle so if you like sugar in tea or coffee he is the one you have to thank. A very generous man the Tate Gallery in London is named after him.
....Quickly followed by the second..... :} :rofl:

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

lucy6lucy wrote: 20 Nov 2019, 10:11 SNW, would it not have been easier to say you’re meeting in a spoons. 😀
Yeah, but look at the fun I had...... :rofl:

TUST Member 468

Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Looking forward to this as obviously a new ground for most and several on the coach coming up. With us having just over 200 at Halifax recently I would say 250 to 300. Injury wise if Vincent and Whitfield are available that is great news as nobody else fit with any creativity. Reid should be available although he has a bunion recently. We score but concede too so think a 2-2 draw as they will raise their game
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Apparently, according to social media, the Yorkshire Gulls Massive contingent will be a bit light tomorrow - ie just me. :-/
Wasters. :@
Unless of course (which I'm sure) there are others making the journey..... :)

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Reid out today.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by Eirik »

Lineup: MacDonald (GK), Wynter, Cameron (c), Lewis, Andrews, Buse, Lumbombo-Kalala, Janneh, Medford-Smith, Cundy, Whitfield,

SUBS: Niate, Keating, Duku, Koszela, Covolan (GK)
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Jamie Reid now out for a couple of weeks !!