Notts County v Torquay United 12/10/19 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Notts County v Torquay United 12/10/19 3pm

Post by SBP »

Two form sides go head to head. Neal Ardley has a strong squad so this has the potential for a very good game. They seem to have good competition for places.
To be honest i really think we can get something out of this game. We are a fast counter attacking side who are scoring goals away from home. If we can keep it tight with no mistakes i really think we can get something.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Should be a cracker. Really looking forward to this game and a big away following.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Dont wish to put a downer on this but I can see a defeat, the last two games have been bottom of the table whom also scored twice and an out of form side who we nearly drew with. Our defence is poor, midfield ineffective and up front not getting the proper service. I am going for 3-0 nil defeat but hopefully they will prove me wrong as i am a mechanic not a football manager.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

yellowmonkey wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 11:04 Dont wish to put a downer on this but I can see a defeat, the last two games have been bottom of the table whom also scored twice and an out of form side who we nearly drew with. Our defence is poor, midfield ineffective and up front not getting the proper service. I am going for 3-0 nil defeat but hopefully they will prove me wrong as i am a mechanic not a football manager.
Although Buse and Vincent have done well in the last few games I think we may see some changes for this game. Personally I think this may be a game too far for what is our last choice midfield partnership.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
nostalgia
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: John Bond

Post by nostalgia »

yellowmonkey wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 11:04 Dont wish to put a downer on this but I can see a defeat, the last two games have been bottom of the table whom also scored twice and an out of form side who we nearly drew with. Our defence is poor, midfield ineffective and up front not getting the proper service. I am going for 3-0 nil defeat but hopefully they will prove me wrong as i am a mechanic not a football manager.
Three straight wins-4-0,2-1,4-2-we really are terrible!
Yes-we might lose because we are playing an in-form team away but that would not be the end of the world.
Prediction 2-2.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What an absolute load of bullshit that is.

Vincent and Buse are in possession of the shirts and are first choice midfielders at the moment, Buse has scored the winner against Fylde, scored again on Tuesday night (as did Vincent only to be chalked off by a ludicrous decision)

In the last 3 games we have scored 10 and conceded 3. Jesus what sort of a message does that send to these players if they are dropped.

Injuries permitting its bound to be an unchanged line up.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Love your optimism yellowmonkey. We score 8 goals in our last two away games, on a run of three wins in a row, have scored more goals than any other team in the league and have the league top goal scorer to boot. And yet! you claim up front is not getting the proper service. No problem! as you are a mechanic you can 'fix it'.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

brucie wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 14:32 What an absolute load of bullshit that is.

Vincent and Buse are in possession of the shirts and are first choice midfielders at the moment, Buse has scored the winner against Fylde, scored again on Tuesday night (as did Vincent only to be chalked off by a ludicrous decision)

In the last 3 games we have scored 10 and conceded 3. Jesus what sort of a message does that send to these players if they are dropped.

Injuries permitting its bound to be an unchanged line up.
:goodpost:
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Crikey yellow monkey you can tell you are a long standing TUFC fan!!! Even after THREE consecutive wins you still think we are shit! We have a very good squad, full of very talented footballers, but admittedly on the downside it is a young team who may well get bullied in some games by bigger, stronger and more experienced teams ... so be it, but I personally love the fact that we have so much quality in the side to admire ..... and long may it continue!
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

How many away fans are expected to come up
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Rossi Martin wrote: 11 Oct 2019, 12:32 How many away fans are expected to come up
500ish
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

Decent thanks
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Everyone is expecting 500+tomorrow.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I think the defense is suffering because of the midfield as it too attacking and it will improve once Hall has recovered, Garry knows we can score goals so goes all out the first half and it's working at the moment.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Looking forward to this game, if we come away with a result then it really will send out a statement of our intent. As much as Notts C will relish this game they will be weary of our threats up front. If we play our natural game then we could surprise them. COYY
Lucy