F.A. Cup

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

F.A. Cup

Post by grockle »

Do you want a run in the cup or not? Who, apart from Woking obviously, would you like to avoid in this afternoon's draw? Do you look forward to the cup or dread it? I know I love it. I would like a home draw against a lower league club to give us best chance of progressing. I know we've never done anything special in it but I live in hope that one day we will get beyond round 4! Not been done in 120 years, so why not this year? ;-)
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

With the squad of players we've got and the way they're performing in the league it seems like the perfect time for a cup run. Just need to sync the good performances with cup weekends and we're away!
Would love to see the BBC pundits drooling over Kalala and Reid as they tear apart Spurs shonky defence in a 3rd round humiliation for the Londoners...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Love the FC Cup with the lower league teams in action. Living in Sussex, I would like an away trip in this direction.

I strongly believe we were lucky with our FA Cup games and the timing last year. It gave King Gary Johnson a few 'like' pre-season games to get his style / formation over to the players while getting rid of players simply not up to it. This year with injuries I am not so sure, but a televised Round 3 game against to top club would swell the coffers.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Question is: have any or all of our loan players be given permission to play in the FA Cup this year?
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Borehamwood at home.....repeat of first game of season.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Not as lucky this year, Boreham Wood at home. At least it's a home tie I suppose!
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

well, that was uninspiring... winnable I s'pose
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''