Stockport County v Torquay United 28/9/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Stockport County v Torquay United 28/9/19

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

After a disappointing result on Tuesday night, here we are with another Northern game.
Hoping for a few more returning players to boost the team and of course an important victory against a Stockport team who like us gained promotion.
Could do with some better defending and being a bit more clinical in front of goal too!!!! :@ :)
Looking forward (not) to making the journey over to the dark side from God's own County of Yorkshire.
Will be travelling on the Torquay United Inter-City special from Huddersfield via Manchester to Stockport. Looking forward to meeting the Yorkshire Gulls on the train from various areas in the Republic of Yorkshire and of course all the other exiles wherever they are travelling from and the fans from Devon and the South - safe trip up everyone.
Anyone fancies meeting for a cheeky pint, we will be frequenting the Armoury pub near the railway station and approx 10 mins from the ground.
See you all there!
Up the Gulls.
COYY!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

After last nights late kamikaze, I hope we will get a reaction, let’s face it Stockport are in worse form than us. Not sure about a cheeky pint, I think the best approach is to consume a numerous amount of alcohol, that should be normal protocol watching Torquay. Somehow I see us winning this, 3-1
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Stockport have lost their last four games: 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 1-2.
So any guesses as to what might happen on Saturday?
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

nickbrod wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 20:52 Stockport have lost their last four games: 0-2, 0-3, 0-4, 1-2.
So any guesses as to what might happen on Saturday?
obvious 2-0 Stockport win...….They possibly thinking Thankgod its Torquay Saturday....
Eastwood Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Bruce Stuckey

Post by Eastwood Gull »

Coming up from Notts, be great to meet up ?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

There are rumours that we will have a couple of new additions before the weekend.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

SBP wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 06:52 There are rumours that we will have a couple of new additions before the weekend.
I gather Tamplin junior will be looking for a new club soon ;-) ;-) :)
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

SBP wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 06:52 There are rumours that we will have a couple of new additions before the weekend.
We need it, but I’m sure we’ve hit our loan limit?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I m not sure how the loan system works if you have a player on loan who gets a long term injury, regarding CLE
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Nothing happens, he’s still on loan to us, will return when fit
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Ok, i m not familiar with how the system works. So we will have to wait and see.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 19:27 After a disappointing result on Tuesday night, here we are with another Northern game.
Hoping for a few more returning players to boost the team and of course an important victory against a Stockport team who like us gained promotion.
Could do with some better defending and being a bit more clinical in front of goal too!!!! :@ :)
Looking forward (not) to making the journey over to the dark side from God's own County of Yorkshire.
Will be travelling on the Torquay United Inter-City special from Huddersfield via Manchester to Stockport. Looking forward to meeting the Yorkshire Gulls on the train from various areas in the Republic of Yorkshire and of course all the other exiles wherever they are travelling from and the fans from Devon and the South - safe trip up everyone.
Anyone fancies meeting for[highlight=yellow] a cheeky pint[/highlight], we will be frequenting the Armoury pub near the railway station and approx 10 mins from the ground.
See you all there!
Up the Gulls.
COYY!

I'm hoping for a cheeky point, or three. ;-) :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

I'm going for a high scoring win 2-3 and a return of the fist pumping figure of GJ in front of the travelling faithful.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 10:05 We need it, but I’m sure we’ve hit our loan limit?
We’ve got 4 out of the maximum 5 allowed I believe, and only 4 can be from the same club (3 currently). Anyone signed on loan now would also have to be for the remainder of the season
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Only the bottom three have conceded more goals than our 21. Far too many crosses being allowed to come in. Wynter Davis Andrews and Whitfield need to work harder to stop that.