Woking v Torquay United 3/9/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Woking v Torquay United 3/9/19

Post by lucy6lucy »

No time for the players to feel down beat, what better to play away at Woking the place that pretty much confirmed us as champions last season. Despite Woking being in fine form, this type of game I fancy us. Fair play to Woking, but after the threat of people moving on if they don’t improve I truly expect a reaction. 543 away fans, 3-2 Torquay, ben gerring sent off. That will do nicely. COYY
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Decided to go and yes we could get a reaction after Saturday.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Right guys (and girls), lets try and make this trip. What better chance to remind Woking who the CHAMPIONS are.

Don't have a good feeling about this and believe it will be us having a player sent off. Woking to win 2 - 0 (just hope I'm wrong).
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

I think Woking will have the bit between their teeth. I fancy them going 2-0 up early on. Parry, Cook, Diarra and Gerring (if available) are all very tall. If they watched the video back and see how vulnerable we are to corners then I think it could be a long night. If we can not concede from set pieces then we have every chance.
Golgo
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Armani Little

Post by Golgo »

Shame I’m away for this one..it’s going to be a good game and I think you’ll all be surprised at the change in style of play. We are at the top on merit, solid defence and good going forward. This could be a high scoring draw or 4-3 to the Cards! 😀
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Don't think your defence is that solid to be honest.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

The Gulls are going to have to play out of their skins to get anything at Woking but maybe they can do it. A run of 6 wins in a row - Woking are ready for the chop ! A great one to win so fingers crossed for you Guys and Gals.

From Woking FC :-

''Dowse will be forced into at least one change for the first time in four games. Kane Ferdinand is suspended after picking up five yellow cards and he’ll likely be replaced in midfield by either Godfrey Poku or new signing Jake Gray, who’s still awaiting his debut as he works on his fitness with coach Christian Jolley. There could be a further enforced absence in the shape of Ben Gerring, arguably the Cards’ standout performer so far this season, who was forced off with an injury during the first-half of Woking’s win over Barrow on Saturday. ''

I see Golgo's favourite Player is Armani Little who plays for ? :clap:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Woking seem to have the knack of winning games whilst looking far from convincing. We seem to have the knack of not winning games from positions where we have the advantage.

Take the last two games as an example.

Woking - struggled to beat 10 man Dover (and did so courtesy of a late goal). Then struggled to beat Barrow but did so courtesy of some kamikaze defending by the visitors. Six Points

Torquay - Chucked away a winning position at Barnet and then having drawn level against Hartlepool chucked it away again. One point. In fact that's a theme which has been going on all season really.

There is nothing to suggest that Woking are going to run away with this league though. According to some Solihull had all but won the league after half a dozen games. Truth is as soon as their luck ran out and they stopped being awarded dodgy penalties every game, they can't get a point.

With Woking winning every game you would think the bookies would have them odds on tonight. In truth they are only slight favourites at around 6/4.

Woking do score lots of goals which is a worry seeing as our defending is terrible but they also ship a fair few as well. Big game for us though - another defeat and you can feel that the wheel are starting to fall off. A win and it will reinforce the view that we are capable of competing with anyone in this division.
Woking fan
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Woking fan »

Torquay fans are most welcome to Woking tonight,
You can buy On Line or pay on the turnstiles
due to the history last season ,sniffer dogs will be on gates to sniff out any flares or smoke devices that fans may try to smuggle into the ground
any fan caught with such device will be servely dealt with by the Police
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Pretty much agree with that Brucie, we mustn't switch off tonight or Hyde will be in
I actually hope Gerring is fit , we should test him
as long as we don't aim for the crazy tactic of Reid's head .
Wouldn't mind Vincent starting on the left , Andrews doesn't do enough for me, Duku up front , he has got to start producing soon though, Kalala seems most effective as an impact sub. Would take a draw and a win v Harrogate Saturday would put us back on track. I see Jon Stead is up front for them , must be getting on now, he was vying with David Graham for top scorer in Leroys time
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Looking forward to this one, it all depends on whether Johnson gets his tactics right which he certainly did not on Saturday, especially first half.
No team in this league can live with our class and pace in midfield, lets just hope the rest of the team turns up. No prediction from me as I haven't got one right this season but there will be goals.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You can almost gurantee a goal fest here ..... so it will probably end 0-0 !!!
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Wow surprised No One has posted.... "A must win game". Or is to early in the day In the UK!!!!
Golgo
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Armani Little

Post by Golgo »

Swatcat wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 04:38 The Gulls are going to have to play out of their skins to get anything at Woking but maybe they can do it. A run of 6 wins in a row - Woking are ready for the chop ! A great one to win so fingers crossed for you Guys and Gals.

From Woking FC :-

''Dowse will be forced into at least one change for the first time in four games. Kane Ferdinand is suspended after picking up five yellow cards and he’ll likely be replaced in midfield by either Godfrey Poku or new signing Jake Gray, who’s still awaiting his debut as he works on his fitness with coach Christian Jolley. There could be a further enforced absence in the shape of Ben Gerring, arguably the Cards’ standout performer so far this season, who was forced off with an injury during the first-half of Woking’s win over Barrow on Saturday. ''

I see Golgo's favourite Player is Armani Little who plays for ? :clap:
Yes of course he’s my favourite player in your team.... his free kicks got us out of some sticky positions last year! Good luck to him following the ££££ and a full time club, but not a bad start for the part timers and a win tonight and we’ll be nearly half way to safety!! 🤣
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Just in case anyone attending tonight has anything illegal in their pockets, be aware that there’s a woman with a sniffer dog just inside the gate.