Torquay United v Aldershot Town 24/8/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Torquay United v Aldershot Town 24/8/19

Post by lucy6lucy »

5 games played and we have shown we can play good football in every game despite the two defeats. We just lack that final quality and mental toughness , but we are certainly showing promise. A win on Saturday will put us in a great position to challenge. This is a winnable game under the cameras of BT. Going 3-1 Torquay, hopefully the attendance won’t be effected too much as it’s on tv, COYY
Lucy
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Sorted a babysitter so there and out for a couple before. I think the attendance will be lowered slightly by the tv coverage, and can't see many shots fans planning to travel on their forum. Would be great for us to put on a bit of a show, and get the Popside roaring.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

I think there will be a decent crowd there tomorrow after a solid performance last week and the good weather forecast; probably around the 3000 mark. TV coverage won't effect the gate by that much.
GJ will have them firing for this one and am going for a 2-1 win (Kalala and CLE). Onwards & upwards.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I don't think the TV will affect the attendance much, I mean how many pubs in Torquay are going to show it when Liverpool v Arsenal is on at the same time?
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 11:51 I don't think the TV will affect the attendance much, I mean how many pubs in Torquay are going to show it when Liverpool v Arsenal is on at the same time?

Hopefully not. I will be attending after fighting the traffic down from Exeter. It could be the fact that Liverpool v Arsenal is on the tele that may affect the gate?
I am a Liverpool fan but I will be cheering ‘my team’ at Plainmoor
Stolfer
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Michael Poke

Post by Stolfer »

Classic 4-3 to torquay, history will hopefully repeat itself...
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

If my clan is anything to go by, out of the 4 of us who attend home matches week in week out, none of us have BT sport anyway & don't have any affiliation to any premier league clubs either, it's Tufc through & through for us.
And you can't beat being there live, can you ?
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by yellowmonkey »

I will be watching this one as i can watch this whilst fishing and drinking beer :)
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Stolfer wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 12:22 Classic 4-3 to torquay, history will hopefully repeat itself...
That was some game and second half comeback
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Hope to see a starting XI like this:

Covolan

Davis
Wynter
Niate
Cameron

Kalala
Andrews
Little
CLE

Duku
Reid
Stolfer
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Michael Poke

Post by Stolfer »

Covolan

Wynter Lewis Cameron

Opi Davis

Little Hall Andrew's

Reid Duku
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Don't think you'll see that line up especially not Hall !
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

I’m season ticket holder and my tv is all set for recording the live game and the highlights the following day! Hopefully we will win and it won’t be painful watching those recordings! Come on TUFC.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 18:27 Hope to see a starting XI like this:

Covolan

Davis
Wynter
Niate
Cameron

Kalala
Andrews
Little
CLE

Duku
Reid
The only way I see that personnel playing is if we dispense of one wide man and have Kalala supporting the front two switching sides throughout. I wouldn’t mind that as slightly fear we might get overrun in midfield without our skipper.

I’d be surprised if without Hall we will have two out and out strikers again tomorrow. Maybe Monday. Think he will stick with CLE playing the role he has been playing. Or put Vincent there, with CLE playing centre mid with Little.

But if Duku looked unstoppable on Tuesday in the Reserve game, you never know. Nice to have options. Something we don’t have much of defensively.
TomGull1997
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TomGull1997 »

Cheeky question....

If anyone has a BT sport app login and fancies letting me borrow it for the match tomorrow I’d be forever grateful!

Live in Hampshire so cant get to the game tomorrow, plus I’m not able to get out to a pub to watch! 🙄

Let us know if you can help! I’m sure I can send some money for a couple of pints in exchange 😉🍻