Just Go For It?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Just Go For It?

Post by AlexGulls »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

Ten games remain and were ONE point off the Playoffs and somehow only SIX off Auto (Wishful thinking I know!) but does anyone else think we should just go in to the last ten games of the season with a "Nothing to lose" attitude? At the end of the day no one really expected us to be here (apart from some of us on here) and weve nothing to lose by going as attacking as we like weve shown what were capable of.

Best case senario we sneak autos/get playoffs

Worst case we finish mid table/top ten?

Personally what ever happens its been a great season.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I think we should. We need to remember that we have an FA charge hanging over our heads and could potentially lose points (hopefully the precedent set doesn't allow this) so I agree we have nothing to lose, aim for automatics, then if we do lose points we may only drop into the play-offs. Our goal difference may be all important since there are only two points between us and 4th. It's a long shot I know but worth a go.
I'm still not convinced we're ready for the step up but it's hard not to get excited when we're that close. Plus a bit of play-offs money and a trip to Old Trafford would be nice.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Seeing as we dont have Stanley for any playoff games, go for automatic!!!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I'd suggest we should continue doing exactly what we have been doing in recent times. The team is playing decent football, and the results have taken an up-turn (at home especially) so there is no need to change anything. Earlier in the season, we showed too much fear. When we got the lead, our first instinct was to try and defend it. That resulted in us inviting pressure and ultimately dropping points. We seem far more comfortable when leading now, and by remaining positive, are killing teams off where previously we were allowing them back into games. Really, everything in the garden is rosey right now. If we continue to play in this manner, we'll be repaid with an extended season. If the form drops off a little, we'll spend another season in this League, but potentially with some very appealing Away trips next year. The only concern is that the players currently making a big difference aren't ours! If we can get Stanley and Robinson in for next season i'll be delighted - whatever League we're in. Perhaps Oastler and Tomlin too. Murray and Pringle is asking too much though.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

I don't think we get a choice. From what I have been hearing the club are going for it and putting all their resource and money into getting top notch loan players into the club to get us to at least the play offs. Being we still have to play 2 teams above us and we have shown we can beat the likes of Bury away why not. Just gutted we couldn't turn the magic on at Aldershot.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Thats what I mean Fonda. Go in to every game now with no fear and attack from the off. We know what were capable of. Weve shown that in the last two games.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Go for it ? Too true blue !

Now then, I'll take you back to the 1967/68 season when Torquay United v Bury was on Match of the Day (16.3.1968).

Aye, that was the season when we ingloriously failed to achieve promotion to Division 2. I still meet people now who refuse to go to Plainmoor because they believe the Board at that time told Frank O'Farrell to sp*nk our promotion chances by having a miserable run in to the end of the season.

"Can't afford to go up" . . . . ."Too expensive" . . . . . etc bleedin etc . . . . .

Stay away then you miserable old farts and even if you wanted to go now you can't because you're dribbling in your soup at the the old folks home.

The present Board are certainly juggling with severe financial issues (Grandstand rebuild, reduced attendances being two) but I don't and won't believe they would not want us to be promoted.

If Paul Buckle saw any hint of the current Board lacking ambition then I'm sure he would be off quicker than you could say "Yuck Fou !"
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Trojan 67 wrote: I'm sure he would be off quicker than you could say "Yuck Fou !"
I think I ate that dish last night....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

scottbrehaut wrote: I think I ate that dish last night....
Foo yung duck ? :Z
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"