Buckland Athletic vs TUFC PSF 13/07

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Buckland Athletic vs TUFC PSF 13/07

Post by Louis »

So its match day friendly today. Details below if you fancy popping down...

https://x.com/officalbafc/status/114995 ... 98401?s=21
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Looking forward to this being a Newton lad. Great family feel there every time you go there. Quite a few Torquay fans go when we are playing away. Bound to be a bit like Bideford match with two sides out. Obviously the triallist will be worth watching.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

3-0 to the Gulls.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Well done Buckland, a well organised event. One of the volunteers were saying how important it was to host such a match. Decent crowd
Attachments
20190713_175647.jpg
20190713_175723.jpg
TUST number 080
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Went down to this game, think GJ will see this as a decent run out, Buckland put up a good fight, especially in the first half, however it was the woodwork, a disallowed goal and some hapless finishing from that stopped Torquay going in at the break with a decent lead.

Second as you'd expect, Buckland ran out of steam and the gulls took control of the game, only matter of time before some goals followed, mid way through the second half a few really young players came on, I'm guessing they were some of the T.A.C lads, a small group of bright, confident, and talented young players, the third goal all their own work, finished off by a lad called Price I believe.
Formerly known as forevertufc
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock

Post by torq2u »

What a great little ground. A super friendly welcome, a well-tended ground (even the paths hi-pressure-washed) and a smart clubhouse. So pleased they had a good crowd for all those burgers, icecreams and the outside bar they'd laid on.

Surely a good day out for the fans and a good workout for the squad, cementing the link between the clubs.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

I thought it would be 700 to 800 but apparently it was just over 1000. They have had 700 and 800 gates before but first time they have had 1K . Superbly put on and plenty to do with the kids too. As for the game we should bhave scored more but a good run out.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Anyone know why Duku didn't feature?
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Sounds like it should be a regular PSF fixture.
Godalming Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Godalming Gull »

The TUFC commentary team suggested that Duku had received a knock at Bideford.
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

Was a good afternoon! Does anyone know who trialist b was? I think he wore number 26?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

This was a friendly I know , the atmosphere was great, burgers not bad and certainly an improvement on the ones plainmooor sells which have a very debateable content and push the trades description act on the term, beef burger. being able to wander around and get a pint without some steward stating you cannot drink that outside like you get at our home games was a marvel. The way the club is run is a credit to them. I hope they are on our friendly list for next summer.
Rayzie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Davis

Post by Rayzie »

A very enjoyable afternoon at Buckland FC starting with well organised parking facilities and all the food and drink laid on around the ground.
I enjoyed the game, with Buckland looking to be useful opposition for the gulls,and played in a high tempo.The pitch was in good condition which made for good football unlike the bobbly Bideford ground. The difference between the sides is Torquay just didn't let Buckland settle on the ball with their planned quick pressing. As soon as Kalala came on Torquay looked so much more dangerous and deservedly ran out 3-0 winners.
With 4 friendlies to go the gulls are looking pretty fit and looking good before their league season kicks off. Worryingly I saw Ryan Dickson hobbling very badly towards the dressing rooms. With Liam Davies out as well the left back position looks a temporary problem!
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

My first ever visit to Homers Heath home of Buckland Athletic.
The Car Parking arrangements were exemplary as were the helpful Stewards on arrival and departure.
I am in no doubt Buckland fully deserve our future support for a regular PSF.
I chatted to a Buckland fan who told me the Club had little money and every away Match cost them £1,000 so despite Sponsors it was a real struggle.
United dominated the Match as you would expect.
Jake Andrews was prominent on the left and young Olaf looked sharp as did Ruairi Keating.Has he gone blond to make his fine play standout!!
In midfield Armani Little looked real class and a fantastic signing. Frankie Vincent was excellent and very involved.
In defence Asa Hall constantly led the team and timed his defensive headers superbly. Kyle Cameron was calm and authoritative.
I thought Matt Buse looked a very useful player and I would guess Gary Johnston might well offer him a contract.
However the star of the Match following his introduction at half time was Kalvin Kalala.I just love watching this guy. The classic quote from Muhammad Ali "Float like a butterfly ,sting like a bee" sums up Kalvin perfectly. He goes by defenders like they are not there.
Looking forward to Tuesday and the visit to Plainmoor by Plymouth Argyle 7.30 KO.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

portugull wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 15:55 My first ever visit to Homers Heath home of Buckland Athletic.
The Car Parking arrangements were exemplary as were the helpful Stewards on arrival and departure.
I am in no doubt Buckland fully deserve our future support for a regular PSF.
I chatted to a Buckland fan who told me the Club had little money and every away Match cost them £1,000 so despite Sponsors it was a real struggle.
United dominated the Match as you would expect.
Jake Andrews was prominent on the left and young Olaf looked sharp as did Ruairi Keating.Has he gone blond to make his fine play standout!!
In midfield Armani Little looked real class and a fantastic signing. Frankie Vincent was excellent and very involved.
In defence Asa Hall constantly led the team and timed his defensive headers superbly. Kyle Cameron was calm and authoritative.
I thought Matt Buse looked a very useful player and I would guess Gary Johnston might well offer him a contract.
However the star of the Match following his introduction at half time was Kalvin Kalala.I just love watching this guy. The classic quote from Muhammad Ali "Float like a butterfly ,sting like a bee" sums up Kalvin perfectly. He goes by defenders like they are not there.
Looking forward to Tuesday and the visit to Plainmoor by Plymouth Argyle 7.30 KO.
:goodpost: after reading Facebook posts you would think the team was dire and doomed. We simply can’t expect to win these games 10-0. who are you? Well who are you beat Marseille the other night, so does that mean Accrington Stanley will steam roll the french title. Sorry got off track. My point is if you’re going to base results in pre-season as to how we will do, you’re crazy. Buckland by the sounds of it defended for their lives for the 90 minutes. We are doing fine, Plymouth will be a test, but if we lose that so what. It’s all about playing time, tactics, technique, well until we play Exeter that is COYY
Lucy