Vanarama National League odds 2019/20

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Vanarama National League odds 2019/20

Post by MellowYellow »

The bookmakers have laid out their prices for the next non-league campaign and the bookies predict Torquay to have solid campaign and are 12/1 with Bet Victor to win the 2019/20 Vanarama National League - I was hoping our odds were going to be as generous as Woking's 50/1 outsiders.

Notts County, who went down from League Two with Yeovil, are favourites for promotion and are well fancied to top the table in the process ( best price 6/1) . Even with their parachute payment of £500,000, I am not so sure. The were relegated with a huge squad of 35 players and a 3 million wage bill. The have released players but many are on generous long term contacts and are not going anywhere so their squad is now imbalanced. No new players coming into the squad resulting in one inexperienced centre back, no left back and no left winger.

I predict the likes of AFC Fylde, Wrexham and Solihull Moors, will be up there come the end of the season.

Anyone think we can win this league? Tall order, but not impossible!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

County are in for a shock if they think they will bounce back up without too much trouble! as we found out! it's a different ball game! if you know what I mean!
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Nobody goes straight back anyway. Even Tranmere and Leyton orient took two years. Teams like Bromley, Barrow, Dover and Solihull will get results there. We have been there a few times over the years but still be a good day out
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

The odds are really stingy, I mean part time Woking at 50/1 is day light robbery. I won't be having a punt on us as I think our odds should be around 25/1 at least.
Personally I wonder if this will be Wrexham's year at long last.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

On Sky bet we are 14/1, seventh favourite, which would be a playoff place, bookies are rarely wrong so they must see something in us. Don’t knock it see it as a compliment!
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

Notts County are in a lot of trouble financially, and face a winding up order from HMRC. There's a good chance they'll go into administration and suffer a points deduction, which I believe can be anything the league decides, not necessarily 12.

If they are wound up, then they could do a Gateshead, and be further relegated.

So favouritism is a bit premature.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... go-3029135
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

This NL season is likely to be the toughest ever IMO. Yeovil and Notts will be looking to be up there but both have had issues off the pitch too which as Chesterfield have found out can scupper any chances of success despite a decent budget and 4000 plus crowds. That brings me on to Chesterfield who look to have steadied the ship and whilst there is still nonsense behind the scenes, John Sheridan is slowly building a decent squad and a can do mentality which went missing under Mad Dog Allen who did more harm than good. I'd have them down as favourites possibly.

Fylde are on an upward curve and whilst they still only get small crowds, they have invested and small crowds aren't necessarily a barrier to success. I can see them being up there again. Wrexham also are usually there or thereabouts and have appointed Bryan Hughes who i am aware of recently due to watching the recently reformed Scarborough Athletic a lot. Solihull and Eastleigh you would think would be competitive. Barnet and Daggers could be anything next season. Hartlepool too. Another ex league club. Harrogate did really well last season but perhaps that was their chance gone.

Aldershot could take heart from a last minute reprieve due to the Heed being chucked out. Then there is Sutton who are a strong side. Stockport County will be looking to build on their momentum of promotion back the relative 'big time' and Chorley is a bloody awkward place to go to.

It's like the Championship of non league!! Bloody difficult. It will be very interesting to see how it all pans out.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

:lol: Would be fantastic if we ( Solihull Moors ) and Torquay United went up...

Both play in Yellow and both have " No Big - Time " Charlie's !!!.

Solihull Moors Ground is going through a " massive " revamp and has been partly complete - impressive new Club Shop and Car Park. Main Stand is being rebuilt .

A fair few ex Birmingham City supporters now follow Moors, as there is alot more comradeship and the players mix with the fans in the bar 🍻 afterwards , amongst other things.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 28 Jun 2019, 11:33
... That brings me on to Chesterfield who look to have steadied the ship and whilst there is still nonsense behind the scenes, John Sheridan is slowly building a decent squad...
I tend to agree with you. If Chesterfield hit the ground running this season they will be hard to beat. interesting to see Sheridan like GJ does not want too many players vying for the same position this season. Given Chesterfield currently have eight players who can play in the centre of midfield it not surprising Sheridan intends to move a few of them out before the season starts.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

But...

Solihull Moors finished 2nd last year.

New Board of Directors from Oxford United have completely revamped the Club - player and ground wise.

Home attendances increased from around 750 to well over 3000.
Howdidigethere
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Howdidigethere »

12-1 will feel like a very good price if we win the league. Similarly 25-1 would feel like a crap price if we don’t as there’s no return anyway! I think Torquay (and Stockport) will be right up there and £120 to spend on a promotion party seems like a great incentive to spend a tenner. 🤑
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

'due to watching the recently reformed Scarborough Athletic a lot' (Mr. YorkieAndy).
The worst thing a Whitby Town supporter could hear!
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Fred Perry »

Solihull Moors at 15/1 is a decent price.

Unlucky to finish 2nd last season.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Fred Perry wrote: 29 Jun 2019, 08:45 Solihull Moors at 15/1 is a decent price.

Unlucky to finish 2nd last season.
Yet another Sunday pub team with delusions of grandeur !!
Watch them fall flat in their arses& implode - we've seen it before just recently with Billericay.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Teigngull wrote: 29 Jun 2019, 11:00 Yet another Sunday pub team with delusions of grandeur !!
Watch them fall flat in their arses& implode - we've seen it before just recently with Billericay.
Think you're talking sh1te.
Pretty sure the "pub team" will finish above us...
If you fancy putting your money where your mouth is, I'll take £20 off you....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468