Torquay United v Hungerford Town, 22nd April

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Torquay United v Hungerford Town, 22nd April

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Well, ladies and gentlemen, here we are!
Last home game in the NLS and we will receive the Trophy to be crowned as Champions! :clap:
Its great that we can look forward to this game without a care in the world!
We haven't said that for a long time as supporters of Torquay United Footbal Club.
The sun will be shining, the weather lovely and I am looking forward to being there to witness it.
A massive well done to Gary Johnston and his staff and the players for putting us in this position.
I know none of us would have thought we'd be in this position after the start of the season and the August games......
Looking forward to seeing the locals and meeting up with the exiles too!
Get a ticket and get there early!!!!!!!
See you all there!! :clap:

Up the Gulls!
COYY!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Could we break the National League South attendance record?

Hope to see Koszela start, he looked brilliant v Chippenham and speaks very well on camera. Could have a big future!

COYY
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

This won't be an easy game. Hungerford are battling to stay in National South and will raise their game on Monday. I hope we can win to help out Truro a bit, but they've also got to help themselves.

Some strange Nat South results over the weekend. Eastbourne winning 6 - 0 and Wealdstone, in the opinion of many the best team seen at Plainmoor this season, losing 3 - 1 at home to Dulwich Hamlet. That just about finishes their chance of getting into the play offs. Wouldn't be surprised to see Welling grab that second spot.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

As much as hungerford will have to raise there game, so will we. Should be an entertaining game. However plainmoor will be rocking after the game regardless of the result. Not missing this one, tickets already bought online. COYY
Lucy
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

If GJ's interview after Friday's game has anything to do with it, we should win this game 5-0.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Bristows bench sold out and only 10 tickets left in the family stand, got to think the record league attendance will be broken tomorrow!

Not heard officially if the turnstiles are opening earlier?

Hopefully no idiots will spoil what should be a great day - although i'm not holding my breath!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 15:40 Bristows bench sold out and only 10 tickets left in the family stand, got to think the record league attendance will be broken tomorrow!

Not heard officially if the turnstiles are opening earlier?

Hopefully no idiots will spoil what should be a great day - although i'm not holding my breath!
Anyone else having trouble buying tickets online at the moment? I keep getting the response 'Paypal not responding'. Is it my computer or is anyone else having trouble? Cheers!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Midlandgull wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 21:16 Could we break the National League South attendance record?

Hope to see Koszela start, he looked brilliant v Chippenham and speaks very well on camera. Could have a big future!

COYY
I too would like to see Olaf start the match, although I think Johnson is not ready to throw him in the deep end yet and will give him game time in the final ten minutes. Full credit to the boy for the quality and technique he showed in taking his goal at Chippenham. Saikou Janneh recall is a big loss for us he will be hard act to follow. I would like to see Opi Edwards start but not sure Bristol City are allowing Opi to play a full 90 mins as a condition of his rehabilitations programme. With Keating out and Janneh gone we are certainly lacking the dual strike force pace we have became accustomed too.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

MellowYellow wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 18:04 I too would like to see Olaf start the match, although I think Johnson is not ready to throw him in the deep end yet and will give him game time in the final ten minutes. Full credit to the boy for the quality and technique he showed in taking his goal at Chippenham. Saikou Janneh recall is a big loss for us he will be hard act to follow. I would like to see Opi Edwards start but not sure Bristol City are allowing Opi to play a full 90 mins as a condition of his rehabilitations programme. With Keating out and Janneh gone we are certainly lacking the dual strike force pace we have became accustomed too.
More reason for him to start for me, means we can keep our usual formation, he won't have 90mins in his legs so can be swapped for Opi for example when required!
TerryTorq
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Northcott

Post by TerryTorq »

With tickets for the Hungerford match tomorrow becoming as rare as Rocking Horse manure, I am marooned in sunny Hertfordshire and I won't be able to get to Plainmoor.

So if anyone needs or knows someone who needs an adult £15 ticket (Bristow's Bench Block E) please let me know and I will email it to you. I purchased it via the website and saved it as a pdf so you will be able to print it yourself. No money required just ensure that you have a bloody good time.

Enjoy the party everyone, occasions like this don't come around very often.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I think Olaf will be rewarded for his fine goal on Friday with a minimum of 45 mins tomorrow.

Will Liam Davis be fit?

Expecting Opi to play at least 45 minutes.

Should be a wonderful atmosphere.
BristolianGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by BristolianGull »

Regrettably I now cannot make it to Plainmoor today. I have a ticket in Block D in BB. I’ll scan and email to anyone who could use it today. I don’t want anything for it obviously. Ping me if you can use it. Cheers. :scarf:
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Will be interesting to see the formation today. Hall should come back in to central midfield with Evans. Andrews and Kalala wide with Reid and Olaf up top. Frank Vincent has had a couple of good games but not sure where he can be accommodated today. Hopefully Davis fit so with Niante, Cameron and Winter should be a back four. Not sure Cameron, Sendles-White and Niante really works. Dickson, Sendles-White, Edwards, Vincent looks a strong bench.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Vincent should be first name on the team sheet after his last 3 games. Be interesting to see Chris Hargreaves son Cameron playing in midfield for Hungerford
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

desperado wrote: 22 Apr 2019, 12:03 Vincent should be first name on the team sheet after his last 3 games. Be interesting to see Chris Hargreaves son Cameron playing in midfield for Hungerford
Agree, but do you leave possible player of the season Hall out for the final home match if fit. Johnson bought Janneh straight back in after a MOTM display from Keating up front.