Chippenham Town V Torquay United 19/4/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Chippenham Town V Torquay United 19/4/19

Post by lucy6lucy »

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: CHAMPIONS :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

The two fixtures between Chippenham have highlighted the highs and low of football and why we love this club.

Rollback to Saturday 8th September, Chippenham beat us 1-0, which resulted in Owers getting the boot. The atmosphere at the club was toxic, players arguing with fans and vice versa, the club was 14th in the league, only managed 5 goals in 9 games, probably the lowest we have all felt as a supporter.
In comes Gary Johnson 24 hours after Owers was dismissed, the rest is history. The return fixture with Chippenham sees us as champions of the league , quite astonishing considering the nucleus of the squad was signed by Owers. Personally I raise a glass to Chippenham Town, without there win at Plainmoor who knows what would have happened.
A pressure free game in front of a big Torquay following, 4-1 Torquay In preparation for the party on Easter Monday at Torquay. COYY
Lucy
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

I was thinking the same - it was my 30th birthday that day and I was sick after losing to them. Actually it was the best present for the long term!

Hope we keep it tight for a bit as we've been conceding early at times, then go all out to get some goals.

I'd like Koszela to get a good amount of time, perhaps even a start! I'll go Chippenham 0- 3 TUFC. COYY
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

lucy6lucy wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 19:34 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: CHAMPIONS :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

The two fixtures between Chippenham have highlighted the highs and low of football and why we love this club.

Rollback to Saturday 8th September, Chippenham beat us 1-0, which resulted in Owers getting the boot. The atmosphere at the club was toxic, players arguing with fans and vice versa, the club was 14th in the league, only managed 5 goals in 9 games, probably the lowest we have all felt as a supporter.
In comes Gary Johnson 24 hours after Owers was dismissed, the rest is history. The return fixture with Chippenham sees us as champions of the league , quite astonishing considering the nucleus of the squad was signed by Owers. Personally I raise a glass to Chippenham Town, without there win at Plainmoor who knows what would have happened.
A pressure free game in front of a big Torquay following, 4-1 Torquay In preparation for the party on Easter Monday at Torquay. COYY
The team that day;

A. Bass
K. Cameron
G. Essuman
O. Edwards Substituted
L. Davis
A. Hall
B. Wynter
C. Regis
J. Andrews
J. Reid Substituted
R. Keating Substituted

Coach: G. Owers

SUBSTITUTES
B. Williams Substituted for R. Keating 60'
J. Banton Substituted for O. Edwards 75'
A. Wright Substituted for J. Reid 85'
B. Bawling
S. MacDonald

If Keating & Hall weren't injured you could argue that 7 of that team can start tomorrow!
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Interesting Rob. I make it 3 of that starting 11 'gone' (Bass, Essuman, Regis) and 1 of the bench 5 (MacDonald) still 'here'. An amazing turnaround has been achieved with a modest 'shuffle' since the arrival of GJ.

Good Luck at Chippenham today
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

On my way from Essex. Really didn’t think we’d have won the league before this game when I bought my ticket.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

standupsitdown wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 09:34 On my way from Essex. Really didn’t think we’d have won the league before this game when I bought my ticket.
Ditto lol
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I saw that game - We dominated for the first 15 minutes or so. Chippenham scored against the run of play and we didn't create a decent chance after that.

Chippenham were rubbish and spent three quarters of the game time wasting. Its hard to believe its mostly the same players that won the league.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

8 police officers to meet torquay fans at the station. More outside and in town. All friendly but seems unnecessary as not expecting trouble today.
DartShitehawk1969
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by DartShitehawk1969 »

2 police vans and 4 additional officers outsde spoons
Really quiet absolutely no problems.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

We have choice of terrace in the sun behind the goal or flat concrete with roof on side. Wonder why they didn’t put the roof on the proper terrace.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We appear t0 have only one striker playing in Reid - Janneh doesn't feature.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Is TUFC radio transmitting today???
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

From TUFC twitter:

A reminder to Gulls fans that we will be providing full match commentary of today's away match v Chippenham via TUFC Radio from 3pm
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Got it …….. at last !!