TUFC Fans Banned?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

TUFC Fans Banned?

Post by midtable »

After the club and fans on this forum issued pleas not to venture on the Woking pitch this was duly ignored by over a dozen supporters who were keen to feature on the telly and in photos with the players after we scored our 3rd goal. There is plenty of video footage on social media for them to be identified and banned.
Does anyone really care?
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Yes I do. Ban them. It’s easy to express yourself without running onto the pitch. Hopefully we can also identify the cretins who used the flares and the idiots in the corner giving Police/Security a hard time!!😡
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Unnecessary thread. Why bring more attention to it. If the authorities care, something will be done.
TUST number 080
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I small celebratory pitch invasion is hardly the end of the world and I don't want to see our fans banned for this.
WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

SatNav wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 07:13 Yes I do. Ban them. It’s easy to express yourself without running onto the pitch. Hopefully we can also identify the cretins who used the flares and the idiots in the corner giving Police/Security a hard time!!😡
Everyone knows that you are not supposed to run on the pitch but at this time of the season when promotion/relegation battles are going on emotions sometimes take over.
There are going to be alot more incidents at grounds up and down the country in the next few weeks.
Also if that was all the police had to deal with on the day then I'm sure they will consider it to have been a pretty uneventful match and a job well done.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

standupsitdown wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 08:22 I small celebratory pitch invasion is hardly the end of the world and I don't want to see our fans banned for this.
Ridiculous statement.

How do the players know that loads of fans suddenly running onto the pitch unnanounced isn't going to lead to some idiot wanting to have a pop?

Especially in this current climate of incidents.

Ban them all. They ignored safety advice, it's against the law and they're all feckin idiots.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

With this in mind then do you think a couple of TUFC fans might just be tempted to venture onto the pitch at our last home game 🤔
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Would you have banned all those who invaded the pitch after Ronnie Radford's iconic FA Cup goal for Hereford v Newcastle?
TUST number 080
JakeB
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by JakeB »

SatNav wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 07:13 Yes I do. Ban them. It’s easy to express yourself without running onto the pitch. Hopefully we can also identify the cretins who used the flares and the idiots in the corner giving Police/Security a hard time!!😡
Why would u want to ban your own clubs fans for celebrating a goal?
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

No doubt the club will make an announcement for the fans not to go on the Plainmoor pitch at the end of the game on Saturday,if we're confirmed as champions and of course it will be ignored by several hundred fans wanting to celebrate our first ever championship win;just as it would be by fans at any other club-and why not?
Going on the pitch during a game is another matter- though given the circumstances on Saturday, and the fact it was in the corner where our fans were congregated and there was absolutely no menace involved or taunting of the home fans when it occurred, means that any subsequent action needs to be proportionate in my view and I really feel that some are over reacting to what happened on Saturday.
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Spot on Torregull.... not good during the match though and needs to be discouraged.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Discouraged yes but it doesn't merit a ban.
It's what happens sometimes in such moments of excitement.
It was harmless.

Throwing a flare on the pitch is however another matter.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Throwing a flare or running onto the field of play during a game is part the same behaviour pattern to these single cell morons that populate all football clubs, they see no distinction, they are incapable of making rational decisions. They are stupid, it matters not to them if their club is fined or even suffers a points deduction, they will just move onto to some other anti social behaviour.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Lloyder5 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 09:13 Would you have banned all those who invaded the pitch after Ronnie Radford's iconic FA Cup goal for Hereford v Newcastle?
It's a different era now Lloyder but it's a fair point. The crowd invasion at that goal certainly adds the iconic nature of that moment so i can see that point.

I don't think anyone is wanting to take away the sheer ecstasy of celebrating an important goal / win, after all it's a natural reaction to an emotional event and moments like that in football are part of the reason why people love the game.

However, small sections of fans at every club cannot be trusted nowadays to behave like responsible adults so when a pitch invasion occurs you'll get the majority that just do it as an instant release of emotion and to celebrate which is fair enough but also sadly you'll get a few knobs who will use the same opportunity to goad opposition players or even physically assault them. We've all seen this.

That's why it can't be allowed in today's climate and those encroaching on the pitch should be dealt with in a zero tolerance manner. It's unfair to the majority of fans but it's the stone island clad chavs that are stealing this opportunity away from those who simply want to celebrate. The minority have spoiled it for the majority.

It's a society problem not just a football one. People can't behave.
TheElk92
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by TheElk92 »

Some of the responses to this thread are absolutely incredible. The fans on the pitch were celebrating, the players were running around hugging the fans. Are you really that miserable that the ecstatic celebration of a goal that seemingly seals this club's first proper title, in the 92nd minute, versus our rivals for the title, after the despair of recent years, is an offence so grave that it is deserving of banishment from supporting the club?

I hope you didn't celebrate the club staying up in 1987 and that you've condemned Netflix for seemingly 'glorifying' the terrible scenes that followed the final whistle that day.

Take a day off from sucking the fun out of everything that doesn't fit the rigid, homogenous view you have football fan culture.
TUST Member.