When will we be crowned Champions??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

When will we be crowned Champions??

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Is anyone brave enough to predict if and when we may be crowned champions?
This may be a bold topic but I’m just putting it out there with results going our way last weekend and Woking having a tough game Saturday is it to soon to dream???

Here we go I am going for us needing to get a win at home against Eastbourne to clinch the title. I think we will go from strength to strength and Woking are going to implode...

COYY #daretodream 😂
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 18:38 Is anyone brave enough to predict if and when we may be crowned champions?
This may be a bold topic but I’m just putting it out there with results going our way last weekend and Woking having a tough game Saturday is it to soon to dream???

Here we go I am going for us needing to get [highlight=yellow]a win at home against Eastbourne to clinch the title.[/highlight] I think we will go from strength to strength and Woking are going to implode...

COYY #daretodream 😂
:clap:

That is IF the Gulls win the next three fixtures and Woking lose their next two.

:nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

As much as I agree with you that we can be champions, it could still go horribly wrong. 1 game at a time is needed. For instance Woking could be 1 point ahead at 5pm tomorrow, equally we could be 5 points clear. I personally would have posted this after the Woking match.
Lucy
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 20:00 As much as I agree with you that we can be champions, it could still go horribly wrong. 1 game at a time is needed. For instance Woking could be 1 point ahead at 5pm tomorrow, equally we could be 5 points clear. I personally would have posted this after the Woking match.
I agree but where is the fun in that?? I like living on the edge or I am just getting a little excited at the prospect the first title win in my 25 years of support 😬 (even if it is National South)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 20:29 I agree but where is the fun in that?? I like living on the edge or I am just getting a little excited at the prospect the first title win in my 25 years of support 😬 (even if it is National South)
I don’t actually think we have ever won a competitive league ever, we have won promotions through promotion places and playoffs but not a title.

I hate to sound negative
Lucy
Wokingham Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Rosenior

Post by Wokingham Gull »

This thread is tempting fate, and I am nervous as hell about the next three games, but looking at form, and stats, and for the fun of it, I believe we will be champions at the final whistle of the Chippenham game. And I have got my tickets for the game. COYY
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Stupid threat indeed
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Whydoibother wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 22:20 Stupid threat indeed
Agreed.
Almost as bad as one of those insane prediction threads....

Ask me on the 22nd April.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Football is all about forecasting and predicting! Isn't nice to try and work out if we might get promoted, when we might get promoted !Makes a nice change! We have spent the last several seasons working out permutations' of staying up.
I know it tempting fate and could all go horribly wrong, but its so nice to sit here on a Friday night and actually think about maybe we could be 4 -5 games away from being champions even 3. Yes repeat being champions. Who would have thought this back at the end of September. Even those lucky sods who took Torquay at 40/1 did not believe it was possible.
I am going out on a limb We win the next two games Woking lose to Bath..... We go into next Saturday 8 points clear(means 9 with our goal difference)
Mean win against Woking away would almost guarantee promotion as champions.
Since the WSM result our form has been fantastic plus 3 clean sheets.
Before anyone writes and tell me to hold on there is still along way to go. It has been a very long few years, So I am daring to believe and Gary J I trust..
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Really don't like the sound of this thread , gives off wrong message.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Think we win it at Chippenham, don’t see us beating Woking, but it’s in our hands. With a win today and a win Tuesday. A loss at Woking and we’re still 2 points ahead. I personally don’t see us losing any of the remaining 4
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Don't like the pessimistic prospects of the the thread but love the sentiment. After Tuesday night at Oxford and then THAT game at Gloucester I never imagined we'd be where we are now dreaming as we are.

Wouldn't it just be great to win at Woking but not sure that's even possible, haven't done the mathematic possibilities.
Been supporting Torquay a very long time and I've never seem promotion at home so Eastbourne at home would be nice 😊
TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

[highlight=yellow][/highlight]
Dave_Pougher wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 08:06 Don't like the pessimistic prospects of the the thread but love the sentiment. After Tuesday night at Oxford and then THAT game at Gloucester I never imagined we'd be where we are now dreaming as we are.

Wouldn't it just be great to win at Woking but not sure that's even possible, haven't done the mathematic possibilities.
Been supporting Torquay a very long time and I've never seem promotion at home so [highlight=yellow]Eastbourne at home would be [/highlight][highlight=yellow]nice[/highlight] 😊
Wouldn’t be so nice for me as it’s the only home game I miss as I’m on holiday 😂🤦‍♀️
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

lucy6lucy wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 21:09 I don’t actually think we have ever won a competitive league ever, we have won promotions through promotion places and playoffs but not a title.
1927 champions of the Southern League - a significant title as it saw us elected into the Football League Division 4 to replace Aberdare Athletic.

That season our reserves finished 2nd in the Western League - we have won the Western League with our reseve team but 1927 is the most recent 1st team title and the only one that really counts for the 1st team. There had been some previous titles in the Plymouth & District League and Torquay & District League (some of them as Torquay Town), but our A team (3rd team) used to regularly win the South Devon League back in the 1950's and 1960's so again we won't count them.

1927 does count though...... ;-)
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 04:08 Football is all about forecasting and predicting! Isn't nice to try and work out if we might get promoted, when we might get promoted !Makes a nice change! We have spent the last several seasons working out permutations' of staying up.
I know it tempting fate and could all go horribly wrong, but its so nice to sit here on a Friday night and actually think about maybe we could be 4 -5 games away from being champions even 3. Yes repeat being champions. Who would have thought this back at the end of September. Even those lucky sods who took Torquay at 40/1 did not believe it was possible.
I am going out on a limb We win the next two games Woking lose to Bath..... We go into next Saturday 8 points clear(means 9 with our goal difference)
Mean win against Woking away would almost guarantee promotion as champions.
Since the WSM result our form has been fantastic plus 3 clean sheets.
Before anyone writes and tell me to hold on there is still along way to go. It has been a very long few years, So I am daring to believe and Gary J I trust..
Agreed, this is only a bit of fun and has no bearing what so ever on the upcoming results.
I doubt any players are sat at home thinking ‘shit some bloke think we are going to win the league against Woking better not **** up’
The pressure is the pressure regardless of what I or anyone else says.

As someone said Woking would be nice but I think it would be impossible. Then again wouldn’t it be great to bring it home on a full house at Plainmoor (a great send off to to our old home 🙈)