Concord Rangers V Torquay United 23/3/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Concord Rangers V Torquay United 23/3/19

Post by lucy6lucy »

8 cup finals to go. Since we swept Concord aside at plainmoor in November and tbh they where poor that day, they have only suffered one league defeat since then against hungerford of all teams and are currently unbeaten in the last 10 games. So we must enter this match with extreme caution. The bonus is they are just outside the playoff places so will have to attack us if they want the 3 points and this can play to our advantage, rather than teams playing the defensive against us.
Up until this season I had no idea of where concord rangers was located, it sounds like a team from Roy of the rovers!!
Hopefully the team will have the luxury of an overnight stay. My heart says 3-1 Torquay, but somehow my head is predicting this to be a real test of our promotion capabilities and I can see us slipping up here maybe. Would I take a draw now, no. COYY
Lucy
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

A must win. The away support will match or be more than the home support. We will find this a tough one, but an early goal will see us through.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Well I never expected to be watching Torquay play on Canvey Island.
Concorde only get about 250 home fans so we should be in the majority.
It looks to be another small hotch potch of a ground. There's no railway on Canvey so have to get bus or taxi from Benfleet if coming by train.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

standupsitdown wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 08:08 Well I never expected to be watching Torquay play on Canvey Island.
Concorde only get about 250 home fans so we should be in the majority.
It looks to be another small hotch potch of a ground. There's no railway on Canvey so have to get bus or taxi from Benfleet if coming by train.
It is. Apart from one huge uncovered terrace. And the only ground where I've been to and heard Anarchy in the UK played as the walk-out music.

Large car park right outside the ground for those who are driving and it shouldn't fill up considering the support Concord get.

2-0 United ... another Reid brace would do very nicely, thankyou.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

We've now reached the point in the season where our full-time professional squad should start standing out over the tired part-timers. We have the best manager in this league, the best players in this league and in theory the fittest players in this league. From this point in it should be smash smash smash. Seek and destroy. Take no prisoners. Annihilation. We might not be able to get 100 points but 100 goals should well within our reach.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Will be a tough game for sure and can see a draw probably. They will raise their game too but hopefully can enjoy the journey back home. Unusual going to an island to see us play
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Bloggy wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 17:24 http://thedockyards.com/worlds-spectacu ... l-stadium/
Now that's an island pitch!
Thatcher rock here we come !
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

How many fans do you think we will have there today? Is Niate suspended for this one? If so, perhaps Sendles-White comes in and maybe we should give Dickson a go too.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

About 225 I think. It’s not easy to get to and I think they’ll be a few less than we took to Billericay.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Midlandgull wrote: 23 Mar 2019, 09:41 How many fans do you think we will have there today? Is Niate suspended for this one? If so, perhaps Sendles-White comes in and maybe we should give Dickson a go too.
Niate is suspended, yes.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

This was one of the games that I predicted would be very tough to win, getting a draw I think will be a good result. If we do win today then I think the championship is in the bag.... Regardless of what Woking do. Come Torquay it's finally our time!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Don’t follow the signs to Canvey Island football club. That’s the wrong club!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Found the ground now. Pitch very bumpy. Suits their game more than ours.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Sendles-White coming in for the suspended Niate, otherwise unchanged as far as I'm aware:

#tufc XI Vs Concord Rangers: MacDonald (GK), Wynter, Davis, Sendles-White, Keating, Hall (c), Janneh, Lemonheigh-Evans, Cameron, Reid, Lumbombo-Kalala.

SUBS: Burton (GK), Vincent, Koszela, Dickson, Andrews