Torquay United v Chelmsford City - PP 2/4/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

To get best part of 2900 on a cold Tuesday evening , even if the team is top of the league is no mean feat, do not totally agree with Brucie's assessment of Chelmsford, they are a good team and with luck, things could have been a lot closer, I do not fancy Woking's chances having to go to their place in a couple of weeks. Keating what a match, what a threat up front and he can actually head a ball and not jump aimlessly in the air and he looks like he enjoys playing football. If we had a reserve team I would put them out on Saturday and give the first team a rest they most certainly deserve it, I strongly suspect Woking will have no interest in playing football come Saturday but will endeavour to deplete our already lightweight squad for the final run in. Although they say the table never lies the last two visitors to Plainmoor have more about them than Woking.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Amused to read this morning comments by a CCFC fan Cornishclaret on their forum. Having a pop about our "FIVE" Bristol City loanees. As I recall only CLE played the whole 90 mins (scored), JE played 25 mins (scored) and SJ didnt feature at all. Dont know who the other 2 Bristol lads are !!! Oh well whatever makes CCFC fans feel better eh.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Sour grapes you got to put in it to get out of it and we invested in a great manager like GJ
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Great evening and performance , energy levels were immense. Pleased for Ruairi , he has such enthusiasm and workrate and improving all the time, has picked out three great passes for goals in the last two games. Think Reid missed Janneh as they have developed a good understanding
hopefully he will be back Saturday with Keating on the right, surely the pace and movement of those three will trouble Gerring and co. Think Culmstock is right Woking will be up to a lot of non football stuff. We must keep our cool or our more fiery players such as Cameron and Keating could walk
Surely they will appoint the highest rated ref available for this one. Yes a draw would be great but we don't do many of those, last one 22 league games ago, but maybe we are due one
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Launceston Gull wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 10:43 Amused to read this morning comments by a CCFC fan Cornishclaret on their forum. Having a pop about our "FIVE" Bristol City loanees. As I recall only CLE played the whole 90 mins (scored), JE played 25 mins (scored) and SJ didnt feature at all. Dont know who the other 2 Bristol lads are !!! Oh well whatever makes CCFC fans feel better eh.
Who is JE?
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Sorry, meant JA of course (Jake Andrews).
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

desperado wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 11:53 Great evening and performance , energy levels were immense. Pleased for Ruairi , he has such enthusiasm and workrate and improving all the time, has picked out three great passes for goals in the last two games.
In total he has 5 assists in the last two matches. He put Reid through for the second on Saturday and having just watched the highlights video, laid off the ball for Evans to work his magic.
Keating looks fitter and stronger now and has found a bit of quality to match his undoubted energy and enthusiasm.
TUST number 080
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Great win last night and for me showed why we are in 1st place and deserve to win the league

At times Chelmsford played ugly there were a lot of raised arms for high balls and you could tell from their reaction from equalising they hadn't rocked up to go through the motions!

Fantastic team spirit to continue to play after 1-1 and the penalty miss, Keating continued to stake his claim and ran his socks off!

The subs worked in our favour giving the midfield energy to see the game out easily

Onto Saturday and the pressure is firmly on Woking!
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Anyone know what the little bit of apparent argy-bargy between our management team and the ref/lino was last night? In the second half, it definitely looked like something was going on. At the time, I remarked, "hope Gary doesn't get another touchline ban", but I have no idea quite what was going on. Cheers.
TUST member 203
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I understand something to do with sub Rhys Murphys name not being on the teamsheet or changed at the last minute.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

culmstockgull wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 10:21 To get best part of 2900 on a cold Tuesday evening , even if the team is top of the league is no mean feat, do not totally agree with Brucie's assessment of Chelmsford, they are a good team and with luck, things could have been a lot closer, I do not fancy Woking's chances having to go to their place in a couple of weeks.
To be fair, you have to have some sympathy with a part-time side having to come down from Essex to Torquay for a Tuesday night match, but they have to be prepared for that. They couldn't live with the tempo of our play and when Jamie Reid put us 2 - 1 up, they looked a beaten and ragged side. There were several head injuries last night, and like TUST-Rob, I noticed several aerial challenges with raised arms.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

There certainly were and Wealdstone were the same on Saturday
TUST number 080
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 12:19 Who is JE?
One of the ‘other two’ is the injured Opi Edwards. But there is only four. Cornishclaret can’t count.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Any news on Opi? Will he be back before the season ends?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

I took a friend to Plainmoor last night for his first ever visit to Plainmoor. He was well impressed.
Another fantastic performance from the lads. We were so impressive because every time we lost the ball we had 3 men pressing the opponent and winning it back.
5 straight wins against Billericay, Dartford, Concord, Wealdstone and Chelmsford all in the Top 9 in the Table in just 25 days is truly impressive with 11 goals scored and 3 against.
2 months ago I thought Ruari Keating was just not good enough but I am so pleased I was wrong.
He was fantastic last night and I suggest everyone in the ground felt he deserved MOTM despite a great display by Connor Lemonheigh-Evans.
Ruari a popular young man has a new belief in his ability and is now playing regularly and learning fast because he is being coached by Gary Johnson and his team.Ruari seems an intelligent lad but I think he proves that in pro football it takes time to learn how to cope and Ruari has moved up 2 levels in the last 6 months. Well done Ruari so pleased for you.
The POP Side take a bow. You were unbelievable last night.
When did we last have 2,832 on a Tuesday night???
Gary Johnson on ITV West Country tonight at 6pm.