Torquay United v Weston-super-mare 2/3/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Torquay United v Weston-super-mare 2/3/19

Post by lucy6lucy »

We got out of jail big style on Tuesday against Thurrock. Complacency is probably the biggest lesson learnt, we can’t just expect to turn up and roll over teams because we are Torquay and top of the league. I’m pretty sure Gary Johnson will be drilling this into the team when we host relegation certainties Weston. On the face of it nothing other than 3 points will be acceptable, but we still have to earn them. With Woking playing hungerford, neither team should gain any points advantage on Saturday. I predict a solid 4-0 win(but will happily take 1-0 now).
Lucy
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I thought Weston played pretty well against us earlier in the season, dodgy penalty and sending off aside. They really came at the Gulls for large parts of the game, some of our players looked shocked. Weston were flakey in defence, which I hope we will capitalise on properly, but they have some decent players in midfield and up front. I am surprised they are so low in the table.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I was at WSM in October and very surprised how well they played.
However I think it was only Gary Johnsons 5th League Match since he was appointed and since then the team has improved by leaps and bounds.
WSM have lost the loanee from Cheltenham NO 3 who scored their first goal that night and also Brad Ash.
At fortress Plainmoor it would be the shock of the season if we fail to beat Weston and I am going to predict a 4-0 win.
The last 3 home games have seen the boys score 16 goals. Impressive. COYY.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Come on guys we can be a little more optimistic can’t we?

I do feel our fans have been a little hard on the second half performance last weekend and the mid week first half. We are getting good wins. A Tuesday night away match is never going to be straightforward.

Going in 4-0 up it is always going to be hard for a young team to keep that intensity going for another half knowing you have a tricky away match in 3 days time.

We have a score to settle, regardless of our last meeting Weston are bottom of the table, struggling. We are top and scoring goals.

I think this will be another BIG score what odds for 8-1??
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

All of our future opponents will know our stance, strength and style by now, so they will try to nullify our power play, for as long as possible. If they don't, they will get blown away. Both Welling and East Thurrock beat us up, however, GJ is wise to this method and will have drummed it into the players to be wary of this and play a passing game. I expect a high scoring victory tomorrow, so let's hope it isn't a repeat of the away game in Somerset. COYY...... :scarf:
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

5-0
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I, also went to the match back in October, to be fair Weston-super-Mare played very well that night, think we need to be patient, they're going to get numbers behind the ball and make it as difficult as they can, we shouldn't expect 5 goals or more just enjoy if that happens.

We're at the business end of the season now, style, goals not important now, getting the 3 points is, and how doesn't matter.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

forevertufc wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 10:32 I, also went to the match back in October, to be fair Weston-super-Mare played very well that night, think we need to be patient, they're going to get numbers behind the ball and make it as difficult as they can, we shouldn't expect 5 goals or more just enjoy if that happens.

We're at the business end of the season now, style, goals not important now, getting the 3 points is, and how doesn't matter.

:goodpost: :goodpost:
Exactly. Three points are needed
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

forevertufc wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 10:32 I, also went to the match back in October, to be fair Weston-super-Mare played very well that night, think we need to be patient, they're going to get numbers behind the ball and make it as difficult as they can, we shouldn't expect 5 goals or more just enjoy if that happens.

I went too, good game,as was Bath
Don’t think I’ll ever take my wheelie bin to a football match again though
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 12:09 I went too, good game,as was Bath
That was RUBBISH ! :devil:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 12:09 Yes, saw the bins when I into the ground, quaint indeed, thought it wouldn't end well. Saw the infamous tea thrower at Bath, passed on the best piece of advice ever, said stay away from the refreshments today :devil:

I went too, good game,as was Bath
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 12:09 I went too, good game,as was Bath
Yes, saw the bins when I into the ground, quaint indeed, thought it wouldn't end well. Saw the infamous tea thrower at Bath, passed on the best piece of advice ever, said stay away from the refreshments today :devil:
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Just about to leave now for the ground although it is getting rather windy.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

1 down!!!
Niate with bad defending....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Here we go , we're due a tits up result at home.
Ffs