Torquay United v Dulwich Hamlet 23/2/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Linostan wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 14:19 In response to wivelgull and others. I was the guy who was the substitute Lino after the tannoy appeal. I was happy to oblige and run the line after the referee was injured. I was a class 1 referee for Somerset and also Gloucester FA but retired some years ago. I am a popside fan and attend every home game with my grandson and friends. I enjoyed the experience greatly and would like to thank everyone for mostly their great and kind comments on the way I performed which was reiterated by the players as well. Also all the crowd for my ovation when coming onto the pitch and at full time. Thanks again and to Torquay FC for their hospitality afterwards. If you need me again just give me a shout!!!
Top post. Great job for coming in and saving the day! Seems like you ended up having an enjoyable afternoon! Somewhat what unexpected I am sure.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Linostan wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 14:19 In response to wivelgull and others. I was the guy who was the substitute Lino after the tannoy appeal. I was happy to oblige and run the line after the referee was injured. I was a class 1 referee for Somerset and also Gloucester FA but retired some years ago. I am a popside fan and attend every home game with my grandson and friends. I enjoyed the experience greatly and would like to thank everyone for mostly their great and kind comments on the way I performed which was reiterated by the players as well. Also all the crowd for my ovation when coming onto the pitch and at full time. Thanks again and to Torquay FC for their hospitality afterwards. If you need me again just give me a shout!!!
Hi Linostan,

First of all well done on the day, I thought that you were impeccably impartial despite the implication to the contrary in the Dulwich write up by their match reporter (but he would say that wouldn't he).

It was me who called out to you at half time re a refund of your entrance fee and I jokingly suggested that it might be at the concession OAP rate. It looks as if I was correct after all! I'm on the pop side stiles so look me up next Saturday and we'll have a laugh together.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Massive thanks. I would have been gutted had the match been controversially postponed. I owe you a pint.
As for the match like concord, we where at the races in the 1st half, we simply outclassed them despite there keeper being a giant he had no chance for any of the goals. The dulwich penalty (never any contact ), brought them to life, but some guilt edge misses for us the final score should have been 8-3. As for the few on the pop side moaning about them scoring 2, I would have quite happily taken a 5-2 win before kickoff
Lucy
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 19:11
.... final score should have been 8-3. ...

I remember the real 8 - 3 and it was only 2 - 1 at half time. Someone who scored five in that game was at the game on Saturday.