Torquay United v Dulwich Hamlet 23/2/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
DFC
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Liam Davis

Post by DFC »

Hi Torquay fans, I come in peace.
I can only speak for myself but I’m sure quite a few of us are really pleased to beat Woking, first and foremost for our club, but also to help your title challenge. There’s not much love lost between Woking and us so were happy to help.
Also you were by far the best team to come to our ground.
After a few early scares for you at our place no one comes to us and dominates like you lot did.
Wish you all the best and stuffing that lot and knocking them off the top was a pleasure.
Oh and you know what, they weren’t all that and we were the better team.
Good luck for rest of season,
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I thought the lad who came on for them at H/T made all the difference to there second half performance. He was big, physical and wasn't short of pace either.
Our 2nd half performance was wasteful. We gave the ball away far to easily and we lost our composure.
Well done to the fella who volunteered, very entertaining, looked a tad rusty :)
Well done to the crowd in great voice.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Thanks DFC !!!

Love your comments !
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

SBP wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 19:01 I thought the lad who came on for them at H/T made all the difference to there second half performance. He was big, physical and wasn't short of pace either.
Our 2nd half performance was wasteful. We gave the ball away far to easily and we lost our composure.
Well done to the fella who volunteered, very entertaining, looked a tad rusty :)
Well done to the crowd in great voice.
I offered him his gate money back at half time but he just laughed (OAP concession of course).
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

He may have looked rusty but I don't think he got a decision wrong. Well done that man...!
Uptongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Uptongull »

I have a feeling that Billericay are the real ones to watch now. Six points off us but full-time now and stability seems to have been restored there...for now. The game against them seem a just as significant as the Woking one. I think they would have the staying power, not Woking.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

:goodpost:
Dazza wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 19:14 He may have looked rusty but I don't think he got a decision wrong. Well done that man...!
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

DFC wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 18:54 Hi Torquay fans, I come in peace.
I can only speak for myself but I’m sure quite a few of us are really pleased to beat Woking, first and foremost for our club, but also to help your title challenge. There’s not much love lost between Woking and us so were happy to help.
Also you were by far the best team to come to our ground.
After a few early scares for you at our place no one comes to us and dominates like you lot did.
Wish you all the best and stuffing that lot and knocking them off the top was a pleasure.
Oh and you know what, they weren’t all that and we were the better team.
Good luck for rest of season,
Nice post DFC! Think all TUFC fans were hoping for you to come up trump's this afternoon. We played.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Enjoyable afternoon. It could easily have been 10 - 5. Like park football at times with more attackers than defenders in the box, a goal when the ball rolled through the keeper's legs, another when the scorer could have bent down and headed it over the line and a fan of the home side running the line.

Another example of non league football being more enjoyable than the Premier league.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Excellent win, some incisive passing and movement especially in the first half, just done disappointment for me was our game management and not the first time this season, after just conceding a sloppy penalty, which to be fair thought the ref got right, there's no need at 5.1 up to go all out looking for the 6th goal, for me sit in and contain for 10 minutes, there have their tails up, so we're cut open and there's the 2nd, and found selves right up against ropes, but for fine save from MacDonald and the post could have been a real nervy ending to a game we should have won by a lot more.

Fair play the bloke who came out of the crowd to run the line, that took some guts.
Formerly known as forevertufc
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Wasn't really our day in front of goal - yet we won 5-2 !! Amused by the number of people moaning
in the second half, some seem to think when you go in 4-0 up at half time you are going you win 8-0
It never happens !
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

With today's results I think we will now be Ok with draws at both Woking & Billericay, however if we don't win either of them we'll need to beat Chelmsford as both Billericay & Woking have a run of fairly in the next few weeks (bar Billericay playing us of course).
Jamieb
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Robin stubbs

Post by Jamieb »

Good match,wonder if anyone noticed choreographed pre match warmup by ref,linesmen,not intentionally,but hilarious to us!especially the bending over,wiggling hands,know dulwich play in pink..and then meltdown,as? Linesman retired?thanx to guy who stepped in to relieve chaos!also appreciated chant,banter..Gary ..I want to know,baby,why your such a c***t,? Based on a Woking message,but,really,really not good w/kids in ground,and after halftime,wellwhat pep talk,gulls seemed to take foot off gas,for a while,yet dulwich got stronger,should have been in reverse!however,m.o.m,no 10,well deserved,and new young sub,no 14,looks promising,no love lost 4 referee,however..
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

desperado wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 19:55 Wasn't really our day in front of goal - yet we won 5-2 !! Amused by the number of people moaning
in the second half, some seem to think when you go in 4-0 up at half time you are going you win 8-0
It never happens !
In my post I was not moaning just concerned that we started giving the ball away against a better side
it could have cost us. Some of the football first half was breath taking but when coasting it was show boating
on a couple of occasions. It would be better if we learnt to contain second half and win 4 or 5-0. Dulwich
were dangerous because we gave them the ball.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Another hugely eventful and entertaining match at Plainmoor.
Some of our passing and counter attacks in the first half were fantastic.
If we win all our home games to the end of the season 5-2 I will not be complaining!!
Billericay go to Wealdstone on Monday which will not be easy. Wealdstone have won 5 on the bounce.
I fancy Woking will at best get a draw at Truro on Tuesday with Gerring being sent off for violent conduct.
We play East Thurrock on Tuesday and WSM at Home on Saturday.
The way we are playing we look like scoring with every attack and I agree with standupsitdown it really could have been 10-5 today.
COYY