woking

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

woking

Post by grockle »

When Woking played Watford in the F.A. Cup, the match was segregated, Watford were allocated all the open terrace and 1 block in the stand adjacent. This came to a total of 1234 tickets. Also, the capacity was limited to just under 6000. If, as I suspect, this is roughly what they will allocate us, there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans unable to get tickets. It is more than 2 months away, so perhaps things might change between now and then, but probably not, as we are the best two teams in the league.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

grockle wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 13:49 When Woking played Watford in the F.A. Cup, the match was segregated, Watford were allocated all the open terrace and 1 block in the stand adjacent. This came to a total of 1234 tickets. Also, the capacity was limited to just under 6000. If, as I suspect, this is roughly what they will allocate us, there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans unable to get tickets. It is more than 2 months away, so perhaps things might change between now and then, but probably not, as we are the best two teams in the league.
I think rules are different for the FA Cup, there is a much higher minimum away allocation than is required for the league. If they can afford to forgo the cash they may well give us as few seats as possible.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

If they limit us to 1200 the crowd is going to be about 4000 at the most so 2000 spare places
Their last home gate was 1400 and last Saturday home gate over Christmas 2000 so surely we will
be allocated 2000.
wfc96
Trialist
Trialist

Post by wfc96 »

Woking fan in peace here. You'll get the uncovered side terrace and part of the main stand closest to that side. It will be a cap of around the same as Watford.

Lets be honest, we aren't going to offer up more in what is most likely going to be the biggest game of the year and in which we want a positive atmosphere for our players.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Having read the post the hypocrisy of the Woking fans is incredible. They clearly forget their visit to Plaimmoor and the conduct of their fans both during the game and more importantly afterwards when they were standing in the street goading our fans, trying to get them to fight. As the saying goes, "People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones." Perhaps they should get their house in order first.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Only last week after the flares etc v Bath City one of their posters said that they were appalled and a points deduction should be enforced. Granted this is just one fan but it is pretty funny given what has happened there this week. Points deduction for Woking and Bath as well then?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I see the Woking manager (Dowson) has gone in on his team after their result at the weekend. What reaction comes from this is yet to be seen but I never think it is a good idea naming and criticising individual players publicly and usually creates a divide amongst the group.
Local paper remarks - https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/footb ... s-15741164
Club video - https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/tv/v/1147/2/
I know passion is always high after a defeat but I wonder if Dowson, and Woking as a whole, will come to regret these comments...
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

H-T tonight Woking 0 Dartford 0
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Woking are 0-0 after 60 minutes. Ben Gerring gets second yellow for dissent.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Down to 9 men now. Armani Little sent off.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Make that two off for Woking now
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Beat me to it ! Can Dartford score against 9 men ?
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Yes!
Marc T
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Marc T »

Get in Dartford.... YESSSSS