Torquay United v Oxford City 26/1/19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Torquay United v Oxford City 26/1/19

Post by lucy6lucy »

Let’s hope we give Oxford a good hiding from the hangover last Saturday. As we enter the business end of the season we can’t afford many slip ups if we are to win this league. Damaged limitations last Saturday with Woking drawing but there 2 games in hand at the moment puts them in pole position. Oxford have lost there last 3 matches so let’s capitalise on this. I went the reverse fixture back in August, it was a very poor performance that night despite us dominating the second half, we just lacked leadership on and off the field. Gary will have them tactically more aware. 2-0 Torquay
Lucy
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Back to winning ways here! I'm hoping to see a more intelligent performance where we play the percentages (i.e hit the target at the very least from the spot, make sure passes get there, tighten up for a little bit if we get in front) but also good attacking play.

COYY!!!
Rhys1991
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Rhys1991 »

Yes we've got to pick up momentum again and get back on another run. Do you'll think we'll start with the same team as at Bath?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

After 3 weeks of mostly dry weather and hard work by the ground staff sods law it looks like it going to piss down Saturday lunchtime. Not enough to put the game in doubt but will mess up the surface again . Still at least Truro have gone
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Personally I would bring Niate back for Sendles- White
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

brucie wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 13:10 Personally I would bring Niate back for Sendles- White
Is he quicker at delivering your half-time pizza ?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Don't think Sendles-White has got his sharpness back yet after his injury lay off. Niate has been a good player for us and is more of a threat in the opposition penalty area and reacts quickly. 3 or 4 goals so far all with his feet surprisingly. Still waiting for Cameron to open his account, he has been unlucky on a few occasions, no doubt Downes is working on him
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 14:36 Is he quicker at delivering your half-time pizza ?
Dont worry Brucie the bloke's obviously a tosser with far too much time on his hands.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Oxford City have today sold their best player to Forest Green Rovers.
His name is Godwin- Malife and he got a two and a half year contract so suggests they will miss him.Good timing from our point of view.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Teigngull wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 18:38 Dont worry Brucie the bloke's obviously a tosser with far too much time on his hands.
You need to put a few commas in there to define the sense that you want the sentence to make, but we all know that grammar isn't one of your strongpoints, is it Teign? Nor for that matter is constructive comment; in fact, what strongpoints do you have? Surely you are not in the Brucie camp of uninformed dogmatism are you, old chap? (Bants …. just bants)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Ritalin shortage in Teignmouth?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Once again my yearly visit home takes me to Plainmoor.(next weekend will go to East Thurrock) After last year(not good to dwell) I am exited to hopefully see them win (will be the first time this has happened in several years of visits) And will I be able to sing " We are top of the league" for the first time in a very long while.
Even managed to drag 9 of friends along for the Torquay experience. We simply must win this game, I know the reasons get back to winning ways stay top and all that!But more importantly FOR ME!!!! It is a long plane ride and then train to Torquay. I just want to see a win. And if any Torquay players are reading this tomorrow losing or drawing is not a option!!!
Prediction 3-0 come on you Gulls!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 25 Jan 2019, 09:19 Once again my yearly visit home takes me to Plainmoor.(next weekend will go to East Thurrock) After last year(not good to dwell) I am exited to hopefully see them win (will be the first time this has happened in several years of visits) And will I be able to sing " We are top of the league" for the first time in a very long while.
Even managed to drag 9 of friends along for the Torquay experience. We simply must win this game, I know the reasons get back to winning ways stay top and all that!But more importantly FOR ME!!!! It is a long plane ride and then train to Torquay. I just want to see a win. And if any Torquay players are reading this tomorrow losing or drawing is not a option!!!
Prediction 3-0 come on you Gulls!
Great effort! Enjoy the day and fingers crossed for a win!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Bring your anoraks but not brollies as the weather forecast is not good with heavy rain and gales this afternoon.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Midlandgull »

1-0 Janneh, get in!!!