Torquay United v Slough Town - 5th January 2019

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

What did I miss? Teigngull is shagging Arry's Grandma, Arry is using Teigngulls sex toys and Trojan is watching from the urinal. Supes is just sat getting jealous as Mrs Supes keeps getting headaches at his every opportune moment. I'm getting worried about you guys.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Wot - no match report yet again on the HE/DevonLive website! Even the Maidenhead Advertiser has managed to write something about the game! Come on Messrs Thomas and Henerson - surely you can do better than this!
https://www.maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk ... nited.html
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

drummergull90 wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 18:52 Great result. It’s an old cliche but they do say that it’s the mark of Champions if they win comfortably without playing particularly well and I felt that’s what we did today. Really impressed by Sloughs fans but not their team: they were abysmal.
I thought we played okay today. Slough were well organised in the first half and played the off-side trap very effectively. I don't like seeing teams play like that, but we were caught numerous times although some of the decisions in the first half looked very marginal. When their numbskull no 9, Harris, was sent off - a straight red and rightly so - for gesticulating to the crowd, the game turned. It was no good their manager having a go at the ref. He should have lambasted the brainless idiot for effectively losing the match for them. Slough were very poor in attack - Harris did nothing all half, except fall over and was rewarded with a couple of cheap free kicks. The great band of Slough fans must be really proud to have a bell end like Harris playing for them.

In the second half, we turned the screw against the ten-men and the breakthrough finally came with a great strike from Ben Wynter (who had a very good game all round) and in the end the pressure of 11 full-time players against 10 part-timers told.

P.S. A fair report in the Maidenhead advertiser. I can save their manager a bit of time looking through videos. Harris had gesticulated to the crowd earlier in the match which the ref didn't see or chose to overlook, and when he did it a second time right in front of the ref (after his yellow card), it was a dead cert straight red card. I hope he gets fined by the club for being such a brainless idiot.
Last edited by tomogull on 05 Jan 2019, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Even the BBC Local News have started following United again. I agree the apparent lack of comment and interest from the 'local' paper is really surprising.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 22:44 With a much larger budget as you well know. Owers was dour, uninspiring and bloody useless. Nicholson twice kept us up on very limited resources hence the defence of him. Owers had full backing from the club and took us down with a whimper playing boring football. Owers took us down and couldn't even get it right at our lowest level for decades. Shit manager.
We've had a few of them but you've got to ask why Nicho did not walk into a job when he finished he needs to learn the game as you don't do that playing managers will tell you that.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Looking at the profile of Ben Harris he's played a fair bit in New Zealand only joining Slough at New Year from nearby Ascot. He's come a real cropper here! I don't suppose he's used to playing in front or handling crowds. He will always be a Plainmoor legend now.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

It's ' bants' Dave, just good old 'bants' , try it my love, I think you'd be good at it .!!!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

arcadia wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 21:23 We've had a few of them but you've got to ask why Nicho did not walk into a job when he finished he needs to learn the game as you don't do that playing managers will tell you that.
Nicho now has the chance to prove his worth by taking Mousehole up the leagues.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Dazza wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 21:40 only joining Slough at New Year from nearby Ascot.
I thought they had horses in Ascot ..... not donkeys. Eee-aw! ;-)
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Trojan 67 wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 20:31 Arrywithsh*tforbrains: f*ck off "peodophant", this is a football forum.
A football forum just for um m*r*ns like you I presume
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 00:11 A football forum just for um m*r*ns like you I presume
Steady on ' Arry old chap, you're in danger of becoming a boring pedantic old twot if you're not too careful.
Bants man, it's only bants ffs.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

arcadia wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 21:23 We've had a few of them but you've got to ask why Nicho did not walk into a job when he finished he needs to learn the game as you don't do that playing managers will tell you that.
How long was the queue outside Owers door? Shit manager, tactically inept, could spot a decent player but absolutely no idea how to utilise or inspire anyone.
Dave

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Midlandgull wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 16:50 I think the club could've done something where if you attended Boxing Day, 29th Dec and New Years day you get today free or something along those lines. Or 4 fixtures for £40 perhaps.
New year day we where away :lol:
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Teigngull wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 22:08 It's ' bants' Dave, just good old 'bants' , try it my love, I think you'd be good at it .!!!!
I think you've got your hands full with our Arry, he's giving you a bit of a kicking at the moment 😉
Dave

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 01:39 I think you've got your hands full with our Arry, he's giving you a bit of a kicking at the moment 😉
Could be worse Teighgull we could have our mate from barrow Ray hounding you :O
Lucy