Torquay United v Slough Town - 5th January 2019

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Slough were bad! This result shows how far we have come against this sort of opposition. We took advantage of playing against 10 men but would have beat them with 11. As gateman said their fans were great but their team were not. We could have got 6 or 7 in the second half. The Slough management were still having a go outside the refs changing room at half time as I walked past the players entrance. Two weeks break and then the TUFC bandwagon rolls into Bath. Come on you yellows!!!!!!!!!!!!!
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Great result. It’s an old cliche but they do say that it’s the mark of Champions if they win comfortably without playing particularly well and I felt that’s what we did today. Really impressed by Sloughs fans but not their team: they were abysmal.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

fred wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 18:42 Slough were bad! This result shows how far we have come against this sort of opposition. We took advantage of playing against 10 men but would have beat them with 11. As gateman said their fans were great but their team were not. We could have got 6 or 7 in the second half. The Slough management were still having a go outside the refs changing room at half time as I walked past the players entrance. Two weeks break and then the TUFC bandwagon rolls into Bath. Come on you yellows!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must have been stood alongside you at half time as I politely called down the tunnel to their management to suggest that they left the ref and had a go at their own player.

I thought that the ref had a good game today by the way.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So far this Christmas every game wasn't going to be an easy game, and today was going to be even harder yet we have hammered them out of sight.

We have now got a good rest which should surely mean that our high tempo game should really be well served by the break.

Add that to Niate and Opi Edwards returning and we look even stronger. Also factor in the massive support we will get at Bath which will turn it it into nigh on a home game and its all positives as far as I can see,

Not an easy game maybe - but I really wouldn't put it past us to win that game either.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Woking home to Welling on Wednesday
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The "Twelfth Man" really did its job today - goaded their number 9 to react :na:

:red: :rofl: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 20:06 The "Twelfth Man" really did its job today - goaded their number 9 to react :na:

:red: :rofl: :clap:
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

With our "Twelfth Man" giving it large, what chance really did their ten men remaining have?

The answer is "Norfolk Enchance" :lol:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I knew you'd like that one Supes :nod:
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Teigngull wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 17:13 Yes probably Arry, sorry 'Arry.

It was when you were filling ( sorry again, using ) the glory hole.
So I decided to have a read !
So educational your grammars' bathroom, I can definitely see where you get your intellect from 'Arry.
Does it run in the family, may I ask ?
You may certainly ask but I'm not privy to that kind of information, although you must be posher than I thought if you know what bathrooms are for: I understood that all your droppings were deposited on roof-tops and car windows around Torbay. Nice try with the apostrophes by the way, but one is superfluous as my pseudonym does not need to be aspirated - "Ffs" it's not difficult to get it right (but I don't feel insulted) - and the other is incorrectly positioned as there is no plurality about either noun.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Thank you for your insight Mr No Brain.
It's been an absolute pleasure to have been re-educated by your good self, what a waste of time it was for myself & my teachers at the West Lawn academy during the challenging 79's & 80's, on wards & upwards I say, thank you once again & good wishes sir.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Arrywithsh*tforbrains: f*ck off "peodophant", this is a football forum.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 20:31 Arrywithsh*tforbrains: f*ck off "peodophant", this is a football forum.
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

That completes 4 games I've watched over this recent home and "away" period. In summary, from my viewpoint: room for improvement. :-D
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Perhaps they will win 5 out of the next 4 games!