Torquay United v Slough Town - 5th January 2019

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

gateman49 wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 14:00 Oops, I've just posted a similar message on the other site without the benefit of seeing your comment on Andrews. Yes, well done to him and he was only a whisker away from a very early goal from a lovely move down the left.
You say that about Andrews, and yet if you watch him in the aftermath of the first goal he slaps the face of an injured Slough player on his way past.

Given that the ref gave a red to Harris that's probably worth at least a yellow if he sees it, and so is a little bit stupid. Having said that he got away with it, and I quite like the way we wind up the opposition at the moment; everyone else tries it on us. Plainmoor has definitely become a horrible place to come under Johnson, long may that be the case!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I’m really glad that Plainmoor has become a hostile place for opposing teams to come and play. We’ve been too nice for a long time. They don’t like it up em.
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

I see what you mean regarding Jake Andrews, that was a bit silly (although I suppose at least he didn’t kick him!!).
Mind you it is silly season, I have just cut the grass as it was getting so long, and I live way up north in Exeter!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Just got a mention in BBC Spotlight thanks to our ten straight wins.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Only because Exeter and Plymouth didn't play and they had a spare 10 seconds
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just listened to a 12 minute interview with Neil Baker Slough Manager on the Slough Official Website.
Very complimentary about United. Gives a very detailed assessment of the Red Card for Ben Harris.
Worth a listen.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

portugull wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 19:35 Just listened to a 12 minute interview with Neil Baker Slough Manager on the Slough Official Website.
Very complimentary about United. Gives a very detailed assessment of the Red Card for Ben Harris.
Worth a listen.
The bloke is in denial, they rode their luck with eleven on the pitch in the first half and he spends nearly all the interview talking about the idiot player. He defends the player but their commentary team knew that something would happen with him and, initially, laughed their heads off as he got booked.