Truro City v TUFC New Years Day Venue Plainmoor.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I don't get this hype about Keating being available again, he's not exactly been tearing up trees ( apart from that goal at Dartford ) & wouldn't feature if Opi E hadn' t had the injury.
Yeah I'll give him 10/10 for the remarkable engine & effort he produces but that's it as far as I'm concerned.
I wouldn't expect him to be here next season.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

Teigngull wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 14:14 I don't get this hype about Keating being available again, he's not exactly been tearing up trees ( apart from that goal at Dartford ) & wouldn't feature if Opi E hadn' t had the injury.
Yeah I'll give him 10/10 for the remarkable engine & effort he produces but that's it as far as I'm concerned.
I wouldn't expect him to be here next season.
Agreed. Keating isn't good enough for the conference. The side looks better balanced without him. He tries very hard but no real quality.
Hopefully a couple of new signings in January now that Williams is of the wage bill.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Truro were the better team for the 1st 20 minutes and they also went toe to toe with us for the whole of the 2nd half. We had a very good 10 minutes, bagging us 3 very good (fortunate?) goals.

If our boys and supporters aren’t up to it, I can see us getting beat.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 16:30 1 & 2p coins are only legal tender for amounts up to 20p in value. Anyway it wouldn't be Masters you would be pissing off, it would be everybody in the queue behind you.
and me!
Ferrrr187
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Are Hall

Post by Ferrrr187 »

Andrews, Evans, Hall, Kalala start I reckon. If Edwards is coming back from injury he would probably come on for Kalala for the last 20. Not sure where Keating would fit but reckon he will make an appearance at some point. I think there's room for everyone on the bench isn't there? If not I think Olaf will unfortunately be waiting a bit longer
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We missed Keating on Saturday - when things weren't going well in the second half we had no-one on the bench to offer anything different. A like for like substitution in defence, Nabi who couldn't get on the field even in those circumstances and Olaf, who is still new to first team football at 16. We brought on Essuman and Koszela, but having Keating available could have been another useful option, considering how the game went and how much we were clinging on at the end. The performance against Gloucester might be what you'd expect for the 3rd game in a week, on worn pitches - so Evans coming straight back in is a no brainer, probably for Sendles-White, but Keating's fresh energy against tired defenders could be an ideal scenario for us.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If everybody is fit, it's straight forward Evans,Hall,Andrews and Kalalah across the middle the front two pick themselves. Winter has improved so the back four would be the same that started last Saturday.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

According to Devon Live, Opi still out injured.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Whatever the speculation we know Gary Johnson will make the right decision.

The key is to keep our shape and rely on quality balls from Connor and Jake and to take our chances.

3-1 United and a new Club record.
COYY.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Wouldn't bet on Keating not starting - been a regular before his suspension and fresh legs could be a big help.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

I must admit, I’ve got a niggling feeling about this one! So much riding on it, what with Woking breathing down our necks and a potential new club record, I’m not sure if we’ll finally crack today. To be fair, this is Torquay United and we all fulwell know we don’t do things the easy way, and surely this run can’t go on forever, at some point we’ll have to lose, surely?

The pitch looked pretty cut up after the Gloucester game so wont suit our style of play, and Truro have nothing to lose either. I seriously hope I’m wrong!!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

tufc si wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 12:13 I must admit, I’ve got a niggling feeling about this one! So much riding on it, what with Woking breathing down our necks and a potential new club record, I’m not sure if we’ll finally crack today. To be fair, this is Torquay United and we all fulwell know we don’t do things the easy way, and surely this run can’t go on forever, at some point we’ll have to lose, surely?

The pitch looked pretty cut up after the Gloucester game so wont suit our style of play, and Truro have nothing to lose either. I seriously hope I’m wrong!!
Don't fret tufc si. No shame in being wrong.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

MellowYellow wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 12:44 Don't fret tufc si. No shame in being wrong.
I want to be wrong Mellow, my gosh do I want be wrong!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

woking ahead and top at the moment, they're going to take some stopping!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

two up now, looks like they've got this one in the bag then
still keeping the faith