Bath Away jan 19th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Midlandgull wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 19:30 I've put together a vlog from yesterday - if you're interested take a look. Great day, shame about the result! COYY!

:scarf:
Great video Midland pal. Throughly enjoyed that little viewing while having a night cap. More so as I couldn't get to the game and enjoyed the little build up and thoughts afterwards.
More please
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Enjoyable watch that. Saw a couple of forum members, both at the bar as usual (Whydoibother and Basingstoke Gull)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Highlights produced by Bath City. Pretty comprehensive. https://youtu.be/G_iT63SxOzU
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Southampton Gull - you seem to be in a good position to offer to collect all the allegations and evidence from this Forum's Members - you could then pass it on to the Club. Members could send this to you on a PM to keep it private and avoid quibbles ?

I think it is important that ALL knowledge is passed quietly to the Club. ATB
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Midlandgull wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 19:30 I've put together a vlog from yesterday - if you're interested take a look. Great day, shame about the result! COYY!

Great vlog, would love to see more of them. The club should get behind that as well.

You got a good shot of the miss at the end as well, hard to see how he got it over from inside the 6 yard box.
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

I think as a club we've had so few hooligans, any incidents do seem pretty major. Not excusing the behaviour though.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Southampton Gull wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 23:38 Enjoyable watch that. Saw a couple of forum members, both at the bar as usual (Whydoibother and Basingstoke Gull)

Just having a couple of shandies of course !! I didn't travel up on the train either where several had drinks aplenty. I believe the police were on the train back.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Whydoibother wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 18:12
Just having a couple of shandies of course !! I didn't travel up on the train either where several had drinks aplenty. I believe the police were on the train back.
I was on that train and I believe it was because there was Torquay and Exeter supporters on the same train, as they had been playing at Newport.

There was no trouble at the station or on the train back and the police got off at Taunton.

In fact, apart from the handbags in the corner after the first couple of goals, I didn't see any trouble and thought the atmosphere was, generally, cracking.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

There were also no searches outside by security people, in fact just two letting everyone in. One guy behind us had a backpack but they didn't check it. He certainly want a troublemaker but shows how stuff got in. Not enough stewards either inside the away end. They knew how many were going to be there.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Keep them coming mate. That was class and a very calm collective assessment.
Lucy
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 20 Jan 2019, 23:38 Enjoyable watch that. Saw a couple of forum members, both at the bar as usual (Whydoibother and Basingstoke Gull)
Dave out of interest did you approach Hampton to offer your security services or did they approach you? Is it something you may consider doing for the Chippenham game who will no doubt not have adequate stewarding for the amount of fans we will bring?
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

sgf wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 18:49 I was on that train and I believe it was because there was Torquay and Exeter supporters on the same train, as they had been playing at Newport.

There was no trouble at the station or on the train back and the police got off at Taunton.

In fact, apart from the handbags in the corner after the first couple of goals, I didn't see any trouble and thought the atmosphere was, generally, cracking.
Handbags?

After our first goal it looked as if there was an organised fistfight across the barrier. That was thuggery. In addition possession of a flare at a football ground is a criminal offence with a possible prison sentence of up to three months.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

gateman49 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 21:18 Handbags?

After our first goal it looked as if there was an organised fistfight across the barrier. That was thuggery. In addition possession of a flare at a football ground is a criminal offence with a possible prison sentence of up to three months.
A Liverpool fan being left brain damaged is thuggery. Leeds supporters getting knifed to death is thuggery. What I saw on Saturday was pissed up twats throwing air punches over a fence. Not condoning it but use perspective.

Flares were being lit in the city centre as soon as the fans got off the train. If they had one police officer in the city centre, which they did not, the club could have been aware. Again, not condoning but bath knew well in advance how many were coming and, like WSM, chose not to treat it as a higher risk game.

Just the presence of a few police would have nipped all of that on the bud
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I didn’t see any ‘flares’, gateman. Smoke bombs, yes. But not flares, I don’t think. Appreciate the court may not distinguish in terms of illegality, but I would personally consider them less dangerous, albeit have seen the FSF pdf. http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Smoke-Bomb ... or-FSF.pdf
Last edited by Rjc70 on 21 Jan 2019, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

A Leeds supporter been by knifed to death is murder not thuggery .