Torquay United v Gloucester City - 29th Dec

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Torquay United v Gloucester City - 29th Dec

Post by Midlandgull »

Next up are Gloucester on Saturday!

We've now won 7 on the bounce in the league.

Gloucester sit in 19th place with 18 points from 22 games. They drew 0-0 with Weston Super Mare on Boxing Day and have drawn 4 and lost 1 of their last 5 games. Chris Todd is their manager - a warm reception for him?

I feel with Woking having two games in hand we have to keep on winning, especially at home against teams in the bottom half. I'll go for 2-0 with a crowd of 2500. Would love to see another 3000 + crowd though! Score predictions?

:scarf:
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

I feel confident enough in our abilities to honestly say this one has the potential to be an absolute whitewash! It won’t be long before we put 5/6/7 goals past someone, I think this may be the one.

Their last 3 games they’ve only conceded the 1, but they have also only scored 1 too. These games have been against Weston, Dulwich and Hampton, none of the leagues big boys.

Brucie’s confidence about the Truro game has been infectious, this one is going to be men against boys!!
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Could be equalling and or breaking records soon. Just don't tell the team as that's bound to be the end of it !!.

Torquay United : Most consecutive League wins: 8 matches (24 January–3 March 1998, Division Three).

:scarf:
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Gloucester City have not won in the League in the last 8 games losing 4 and drawing 4.
They do not score many 15 all season but did manage 3 against Woking losing 3-4 at Home.
Chris Todd has a tough job but I am sure he will receive a warm welcome from another big crowd at Plainmoor.
The way United are playing I cannot see anything but a win, 19 goals from our last 6 Home games, I am going for 4-0 United.
COYY.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

It is only a matter of time before we get 5 or 6 (or more), however, GJ will communicate that we, (supporters and the team) treat every opponent with full respect, and NOT to get carried away. It is hard not to!

Woking will fade eventually, but every team that comes to Plainmoor will treat it as their cup final, and make it difficult at times. The Truro rematch might be a tougher test, but on the other hand it could be a breeze. Onwards and upwards.......
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

We can never be complacent but we must be winning these games. Rewind to Gloucester away on August bank holiday Monday at 4.50pm and then fast forward to today. It’s nothing short of a miracle. It’s between us and Woking for the title. 3-0 Torquay
Lucy
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

lucy6lucy wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 20:30 We can never be complacent but we must be winning these games. Rewind to Gloucester away on August bank holiday Monday at 4.50pm and then fast forward to today. It’s nothing short of a miracle. It’s between us and Woking for the title. 3-0 Torquay
Who can forget the 'Coffee-Gate' incident where 400 travelling fans witnessed our goalless run, back in August, stretching to 398 minutes after Owers' 5-3-2 'park the bus' formation fired more 'blanks' against Gloucester. Rumour has it that Owers was last seen working as a barista in Costa Coffee. It is now a joy going to watch Torquay play. That in itself is a miracle. The team are top of the confidence league as well as the football league so the wheels are not ready to fall off just yet - so I am going with a 5-0 win.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Never went in Costa Coffee but certainly not going in now one way of getting depressed drinking coffee.Hopefully can win this game and the next two afterwards to put the pressure on Woking.
Ferrrr187
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Are Hall

Post by Ferrrr187 »

Could be a potential banana skin today if any sort of complacency kicks in. I'm sure GJ is all over this and we will see a 4-1 scoreline today!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Scrappy 1 nil would be just as good as a 7.0 whitewash .....no actually 7.0 would be better
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Suspect a tight game as Gloucester will try to throttle the middle of the park. 2-0 to the yellows.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

8-0. crowd 3.5k. 40 away. Reid 3, Janneh 3, Kalala 2
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Ferrrr187
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Are Hall

Post by Ferrrr187 »

United62 wrote: 29 Dec 2018, 11:57 8-0. crowd 3.5k. 40 away. Reid 3, Janneh 3, Kalala 2
Loving that! Might put a cheeky quid on it!
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Now there's an optimist!
Mind you, it can happen, I was there when we beat Newport County 8-3 (Stubbs 5) in October 1963.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

0-0 at half time. 2-0 FT Niate, Reid. Att: 2999