Hampton & Richmond Borough V Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Hampton & Richmond Borough V Torquay United

Post by dennisk »

Directions...

Via M3....

Leave the M3 at Junction 1 and take the A308 towards Kingston, you will pass Kempton Park Racecourse. After about two miles and upon reaching Hampton, turn left onto the High Street, then immediately turn left into Station Road. On your right at Beaver Close you will find the Beveree Stadium entrance.

There is just a minuscule car park, with poor access at the ground itself, thus just street parking, which will be a nightmare unless you get there early. During the recent FA Cup match V Oldham, there was nowhere to park anywhere near to the ground, much to the dismay of some of the Oldham fans and neutrals, unfamiliar with the area.

Rail.....

Hampton Station is on the London Waterloo - Shepperton line and a short walk to the ground. Turn left upon leaving the station, keep walking until you see the ground on you lefthand side. 10 minutes walk at most, probably less if you are fit.

There is a friendly bar at the ground, which will be very busy, unless you get there early. Also, a small club shop and a programme shop, which stock a good selection of old programmes, league and non-league. There are few good pubs locally, some selling real ale. :scarf:
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

I have heard that several train problems on Saturday. I'm coming up on support coach but maybe someone can give details of trains in that area for Saturday?
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Trains to and from Hampton Station are OK, on Saturday. According to the train company website. It takes about 40 minutes from London Waterloo to Hampton. The train goes via Clapham Junction, Wimbledon and Kingston. Hampton is on the London Waterloo to Shepperton line. Additionally, parking in the area won't be easy, even if you get there early. The car park usually is reserved for officials only. The ground is just up the road from me, so travelling will be minutes rather than the usual many hours!!!!
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

dennisk wrote: 18 Dec 2018, 13:28 Trains to and from Hampton Station are OK, on Saturday. According to the train company website. It takes about 40 minutes from London Waterloo to Hampton. The train goes via Clapham Junction, Wimbledon and Kingston. Hampton is on the London Waterloo to Shepperton line. Additionally, parking in the area won't be easy, even if you get there early. The car park usually is reserved for officials only. The ground is just up the road from me, so travelling will be minutes rather than the usual many hours!!!!
Merse says on BTPIR that there will be no trains to Hampton Station on Saturday due to the RMT strike.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Parking at H&R is a nightmare. Ground is typical non-league fayre. But, if she's still there, you will be treated to the poshest PA announcer ever.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

The only supporter car parking at Beveree is for Blue Badge Holders. The overflow car park is unusable during the winter as it doubles as their training pitch. (and we think we are hard done by with our training facilities)
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Right guys and girls, forget the Christmas shopping and get there on Saturday to support the boys. How many times and how many of you have seen Torquay United top of the league. Your club needs you, bring a friend or two and lets take the place over.
See you there on Saturday.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Sorry, got to miss this one. I am travelling down to Torquay, taking my brother's mother in law with me. However I do intend to be at Plainmoor on 26th and 29th, if Truro don't make the pitch unplayable.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If Opis fit I see him being thrown straight in for Keating.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

This is the first game of a busy period, We go into this game lacking players due to suspensions and injuries.

Sendles White should start over Cameron, Hall should come into the side and move Andrews out wide. Then keep the rest the same.
Nabi and Koszela, Essuman, Burton come in on the bench. Our starting 11 is good enough to win the game. The last thing we need is anymore injuries.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Kallala !!!!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

That bloke is pure class - why did Cheltenham let him go?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This ref sounds another shocker
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Not that bad Brucie - just given free kick to Tqy for a deliberate backpass !!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Sounds like we're still in the changing room....
Hampton just had effort cleared off the line!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468