Torquayunited v Welling United 8/12/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 18:46 Ill just leave this here,
Question is cash out our let it run?

Let it run. It wouldn't be a very good story to say "...and then I cashed out at 8/1 in December".

Much better to say "I rode that all the way to the end!", even if that end is disappointing

That's what I'm doing. My 'agent' in the UK (I live abroad so I had to have a friend place the bet for me) asked last week if I wanted to cash out and I said "Nope, I'm seeing it all the way through"
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Ahh 'Arry, where have you been me old china ? How was it the jungle ? No this 'Arry's not Mr Redknapp, don't be daft, bulls penises , boars anus' goat testicles etc etc aside, seasons greetings 'Arry.
As for the penalty decision, well my thoughts are that at the time & with a view from the ellacombe end of the pop side I can see why the ref gave it but can also see why Shaun Mac D was furious at the decision, and as for Merses view, he was a referee, and there's no way of denying that fact, was there contact ? Was there intent to injure an opponent ? was the attempt to collect the ball by our keeper reckless ? I'd say no to all three points as the conditions were not taken into account at all by the ref.
The major f!aw with the refereeing at this level is the fact none of them so far have used much common sense.
The standard is quite frankly appalling for the professional game, but there again its our own fault for finding ourselves at this level.
Anyway 'Arry don't leave it so long next time .
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The issue for me with the penalty was that the touch by the Torquay defender took the ball away from goal and danger. Their forward then seemed to run the ball out for a goal kick which seemed about the best he could manage.

The common sense decision for me was that it wasn't a penalty but having seen the ref at Weston Super Mare I wouldn't have expected him to exercise any common sense at all.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

happytorq wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 21:19 Let it run. It wouldn't be a very good story to say "...and then I cashed out at 8/1 in December".

Much better to say "I rode that all the way to the end!", even if that end is disappointing

That's what I'm doing. My 'agent' in the UK (I live abroad so I had to have a friend place the bet for me) asked last week if I wanted to cash out and I said "Nope, I'm seeing it all the way through"

Think I will to be honest but given that my betting track record is about as good as Paul Gascoignes "best behaved" kid in the class record I am sometimes tempted. PLUS I do rather enjoy boring the forum each week when the cash out rises by a few pence. 😂