Dartford v Torquayunited 4/12/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

dawlishmatt wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 21:07 SuperNickywroe, you say that Osborne has never delivered a new stadium for any sporting team when he has promised too. Well Torquay United have never won any major league title. Perhaps this season we will see two birds killed with one stone!!!!!!!!
Yeah, like that’s gonna happen. The day Clarke Osborne makes good on his promise of a new stadium is the day I start pissing out of my ear. All we can do is enjoy it whilst it lasts, remembering that we’re playing regional football against part-time opposition.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

So what if he posts from the Bristol area, what effin difference does that make ?
God you really are an arrogant tw@t at times, no sorry most of the time.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Teigngull wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 21:17 So what if he posts from the Bristol area, what effin difference does that make ?
God you really are an arrogant tw@t at times, no sorry most of the time.
Given Teigngull’s post immediately follows mine (it seems he chose not to quote the poster to whom he is responding) I thought I’d distance myself from his tirade - I believe it was directed at Southamptongull. I stand by my statements and would point other forum users towards the previous page where SG mentions the geographical origins of Dawlish’s posts. For the record, I think SG and Teigngull provide constant entertainment with their snipes and counter-snipes, although I have to say that I have SG down as winning on points at present, purely because he seems to hit the target far more frequently than his opponent. Keep up the good work chaps!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

dawlishmatt wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 21:07 Well Torquay United have never won any major league title. Perhaps this season we will see two birds killed with one stone!!!!!!!!
Really? In 1927 Torquay United were champions of a league which was one level below the Football League and as a result were elected to the Football League for the following season.

The club is at present 2 levels below the Football League, so winning the National League next year after promotion this season would be needed just to equal a previous achievement. ;-)
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

dawlishmatt wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 21:07 SuperNickywroe, you say that Osborne has never delivered a new stadium for any sporting team when he has promised too. Well Torquay United have never won any major league title. Perhaps this season we will see two birds killed with one stone!!!!!!!!
You clearly don't know much about football if you think that winning the National League South would be a "major league title"...
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 20:29 Amazing how every one of your posts pander to the Osborne mantra. What do you have to say about all his previous broken promises to sports clubs he's been involved with? I notice you post from the Bristol area, friend of our Clarke?
He declined to comment when asked this before and has kept up his 100% posting record on this forum.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 06 Dec 2018, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

standupsitdown wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 16:30
Indeed. It's hard to understand why some fans don't seem to have grasped this.
We may be having a very good run on the pitch but with Osborne owning the club the whole future of Torquay United remains in grave doubt.
Indeed. Councils will give over land to developers if housing is part of the overall plan. It’s when housing or retail/industrial is built and no stadium materialises that clubs suffer.

Not that dawlishBristolMatt will be addressing Osborne’s back catalogue any time soon, even if a reasonably high profile one in Bristol is part of it (see also MK, Reading, North Gloucs, Hereford, Swindon and so on)

He won’t be the last professing disingenuously not to understand what others are concerned about, though.
Last edited by Rjc70 on 06 Dec 2018, 22:28, edited 3 times in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Caldwellanddobson wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 21:32 Given Teigngull’s post immediately follows mine (it seems he chose not to quote the poster to whom he is responding) I thought I’d distance myself from his tirade - I believe it was directed at Southamptongull. I stand by my statements and would point other forum users towards the previous page where SG mentions the geographical origins of Dawlish’s posts. For the record, I think SG and Teigngull provide constant entertainment with their snipes and counter-snipes, although I have to say that I have SG down as winning on points at present, purely because he seems to hit the target far more frequently than his opponent. Keep up the good work chaps!

That did make me laugh but in the interests of everyone elses enjoyment of the forum I'll ignore the little man. If he engaged his brain for once he might understand the significance and why I posed the question ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I say the same as our Supes. Can you answer the question I posed earlier. What stadia has Osborne ever seen built? I see plenty of houses and retail outlets but no sporting venue. Perhaps he had a hand in building the Etihad, or perhaps he's helping Spurs? Have Swindon moved into their shiny new stadium yet?
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Dave

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Happy torq, rjc70 and Southamptongull. Thanks for your comments. I am happy to be corrected as to torquay never winning a major title before.
I as my username suggests live in Dawlish which is nowhere near Bristol.
As for Osborne and his previous numerous broken promises, I totally agree with most of you and certainly if I had a list of 10 interested parties wanting to buy my football club, then given Osbournes previous history, he would be last on my list. The fact is that there were only two other interested people who wanted to aquire the club, Norman Smurthwaite the port Vale owner and Peter masters the owner of Truro city. I would have loved to see either of them take over the club as they are real football people, but FA rules prevent any person/company owning more than one club. The plain fact is that there was nobody else seriously interested in taking over the club.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 22:18 Happy torq, rjc70 and Southamptongull. Thanks for your comments. I am happy to be corrected as to torquay never winning a major title before.
I as my username suggests live in Dawlish which is nowhere near Bristol.
As for Osborne and his previous numerous broken promises, I totally agree with most of you and certainly if I had a list of 10 interested parties wanting to buy my football club, then given Osbournes previous history, he would be last on my list. The fact is that there were only two other interested people who wanted to aquire the club, Norman Smurthwaite the port Vale owner and Peter masters the owner of Truro city. I would have loved to see either of them take over the club as they are real football people, but FA rules prevent any person/company owning more than one club. [highlight=yellow]The plain fact is that there was nobody else seriously interested in taking over the club.[/highlight]
That is not correct.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468