Dartford v Torquayunited 4/12/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Dartford v Torquayunited 4/12/18

Post by lucy6lucy »

A victory against Dartford will be a true statement of intent if we are to win this league. Both teams are bang in form, and as stated on another topic Dartford didn't play yesterday. Gary Johnson will expect nothing other than a win, he will not tolerate a poor performance. A draw may seem a decent result to some, but we will have played 2 more games than Woking and billericay. The motivation for the players is that 3 points will take us to the top of the league( I think a 3-3 draw will also). 2-1 Torquayunited COYY
Lucy
TUFCPete
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Liam davies

Post by TUFCPete »

COYY
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This game begins what is probably the most important week we've had as a club in a very long time, as it stands believe it or not, Dartford with 15 points from their last 6 games are top of the current form table, we're second and Saturday's opponents third. So 4-6 point return from these games would put us in great position to push on and challenge for the league, going to be far from easy though.
Formerly known as forevertufc
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Yes 6 or 4 points would be acceptable. Still think
Woking are the biggest threat to us winning it
A victory and a clean sheet at Swindon today
is an impressive effort
Bxm Foxy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Bxm Foxy »

If the pitch stays decent, and the crowd keep encouraging the team to play football, I'm certain we'll end up against a very direct Woking side.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

I am not too worried about Woking, Bath City and Welling are a greater threat, in my opinion. Dartford will be a tough test too, a well supported side, who were unlucky not to get promoted las year. COYY.....
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

A tough test this may be but anything less than a win will be a disappointment. When we inevitably get to play a team from the top half of the Conference in the Trophy I may countenance a loss after extra time but otherwise I expect us to win every remaining game this season. I said at the start of the season we should be walking this league, and now Owers has gone GJ is proving that is quite realistic, despite all the naysayers on here telling us how tough it would be against all these wonderful part-timers. As the season progresses our full-time fitness will really start to tell, especially in these mid-week games.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Looking forward to this one. Looking forward to Mr Reid celebrating with the crowd... again! .... Looking forward to Kalvin ripping the Darts defence to shreds. But most of all, looking forward to the very short drive home afterwards!

And, like Phil above, I said at the start of the season too that we should be going all out for promotion or otherwise what's the point of even turning up.

The start to the season was, err, let's say 'indifferent'.... but now things have changed, for the good... Mr Johnson is gelling a team that should see us in the play-offs at the bare minimum... but, f*ck the play-offs, we should be going up as champions (notice I did not say 'will', this is Torquay United after all, we don't do things the easy way).

Princes Park, Tuesday night, under the floodlights, with a decent backing from the Yellow Army (I doubt we will top the 400+ that made the journey to Mithcam on Saturday)... we have nothing to fear (apart from the chips, don't buy the chips... last time I ate anything at Princes Park I was sick for days afterwards).

COYY
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

The general thought amongst my fellow close Tufc fans is that if we can by hook or by crook get through this one with 3 points then we'll go on to win this league, I know one result doesn't define a season but the form table says this one is a 1 vs 2 so Coyy.
And who else other than super Gary Johnson would you want motivating your team ?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

PhilGull wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 10:22 A tough test this may be but anything less than a win will be a disappointment. When we inevitably get to play a team from the top half of the Conference in the Trophy I may countenance a loss after extra time but otherwise I expect us to win every remaining game this season. I said at the start of the season we should be walking this league, and now Owers has gone GJ is proving that is quite realistic, despite all the naysayers on here telling us how tough it would be against all these wonderful part-timers. As the season progresses our full-time fitness will really start to tell, especially in these mid-week games.
I think we have to be realistic, otherwise we will be disappointed. Of course we want a win tomorrow night, but Dartford must be a good side at this level, otherwise they wouldn't be near the top. They didn't play on Saturday, whilst we will have had two long trips up to the south-east. Yes - I would love to see a win, but I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw, plus a home win against Welling on Saturday. It doesn't matter one jot if we're top of the league at this stage of the season - it's where we are at the end of April. As the great Brian Clough (or was it Bill Shankly?) said - a football season is a marathon, not a sprint.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Lovely ground to visit and will be there but unlike some exiles I'm coming up from down here. Probably get back about 3am but what the hell we are playing well and looking forward to the away day 😁
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have just been on the Dartford Website and they have an excellent preview of tomorrows game.

Their feedback is we are the best team in the League. It will be a very tough game and last time we visited Princess Park it finished 0-0.

Hard to call this one but now I would take a draw.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Whydoibother wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 16:57 Lovely ground to visit and will be there but unlike some exiles I'm coming up from down here. Probably get back about 3am but what the hell we are playing well and looking forward to the away day 😁
" We are playing well "
I think that's why you bother !
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

portugull wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 17:02 I have just been on the Dartford Website and they have an excellent preview of tomorrows game.

Their feedback is we are the best team in the League. It will be a very tough game and last time we visited Princess Park it finished 0-0.

Hard to call this one but now I would take a draw.
It is hard to call, but let's aim high portugull. We can win this, interesting that Dartford have a zero goal difference.
Lucy
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

Going to this game, my last was Concord at home as I was down. Short journey for me from Bromley. Hoping for another win.