Torquay United announces board appointments

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Torquay United announces board appointments

Post by CraigUnder »

https://www.torquayunited.com/torquay-u ... ointments/

Torquay United AFC has pleasure in announcing the appointment of Melanie (Mel) Hayman and George Edwards to the Board of Directors with immediate effect.
Clarke Osborne, Chairman said; “I am delighted to announce these appointments as we commence the building of the Board and the process of providing the Club with strong, able and influential direction.

“Mel has been directly associated with the Club for over 20 years and has been a dedicated supporter since attending her first game (Torquay United v Newport) in 1988. Her father Ian was a former Director of the Club and now a Life President. A qualified accountant with a thorough knowledge of football business, Mel will be a great asset to the Club as we progress to an exciting and successful future.

“My trusted colleague George is already bringing his experience and ability to the Club and is reorganising the way the Club operates and functions across the entire spectrum of its activities.
I expect that more appointments will be made as we progress, and discussions continue.”
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Interesting that all the articles on the OS are now written by 'TUFC' rather than Patrick Tinkler - has he left the club or did I miss something?
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Managed to answer my own question - just been on to BTPIR, it seems that Patrick Tinkler is handling Tim Herbert's duties as Media Manager for the club.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

PT is also club secretary; the voice of TUFC radio on match days and at half-time the pitch announcer re 50-50 draw & crossbar challenge. Phew!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mel has her reward for shafting the last board of directors.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Hmmmm, that answers my 'is this a good thing' question. I was a little concerned about the 'trusted colleague' bit.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Southampton are you saying she grew tired of their incompetence or she told the truth about the Club's perilous financial position and they did not understand.
Or did they not listen to her advice.
As an outsider the way I saw it was the Board ran out of money and Mr. Osborne saw his chance.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 16:02 Mel has her reward for shafting the last board of directors.
Is that the board led by THE key board wanker?

Then there is Phillips. THAT Phillips is worse.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

nickbrod wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 16:00 PT is also club secretary; the voice of TUFC radio on match days and at half-time the pitch announcer re 50-50 draw & crossbar challenge. Phew!
I should have added: "I'm surprised he's not the new groundsman!"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

portugull wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 17:42 Southampton are you saying she grew tired of their incompetence or she told the truth about the Club's perilous financial position and they did not understand.
Or did they not listen to her advice.
As an outsider the way I saw it was the Board ran out of money and Mr. Osborne saw his chance.
No, I'm saying she shafted them and now has her reward. Take that how it reads.
Dave

portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well as an outsider with no inside knowledge which you clearly have Dave Ms Hayman as a qualifyed Accountant could no doubt see the Club was heading for certain Administration.
Perhaps she decided that she had to choose between the lesser of two evils.
It is very difficult to interpret what you have said without knowing the truth of the matter.
At present all I care about is I still have a team to support.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Portgull.
If there is one thing I have learned over the relatively short time being a member of this forum, it is this....
A little knowledge is a power,some feel & it is only a few, gives them the right to use their ' facts ' to play silly mind games with us .
Take that as it reads !!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Small man syndrome creeping out again. How you take my information is up to you, I couldn't care one way or the other if you choose to act like a little spoilt child with your constant silly personal digs. Not sure how you would know the feeling of possessing any knowledge either. If it was down to you we'd still have Owers picking the side 😀

If you doubt what I'm telling you about Mel Hayman just ask Merse. He's well aware of what she did. Ask Steve Breed, he'll confirm that she shafted the previous regime and as I've said she's now got her reward. I'm sure there are plenty of better accountants in the Bay than her.
Dave

WHG
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by WHG »

Perhaps not best to ask Steve Breed as he allegedly threatened to kill her when he was CE.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 14:52 Small man syndrome creeping out again. How you take my information is up to you, I couldn't care one way or the other if you choose to act like a little spoilt child with your constant silly personal digs. Not sure how you would know the feeling of possessing any knowledge either. If it was down to you we'd still have Owers picking the side 😀

If you doubt what I'm telling you about Mel Hayman just ask Merse. He's well aware of what she did. Ask Steve Breed, he'll confirm that she shafted the previous regime and as I've said she's now got her reward. I'm sure there are plenty of better accountants in the Bay than her.
Reckon small man syndrome then do you ?
If only you really knew my fellow camp mate, If only you knew.