Dulwich Hamlet

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

standupsitdown wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 17:35 Deserved win although MacDonald needed to make some great saves.
Wish I’d put more than a tenner on winning the league at 25-1 before Woking game.
Excellent support as ever.
No rocking horses with Dulwich fans but never seen so many beards in a football crowd.
We where 33/1 when Johnson took charge. We are now 5/1 with Skybet. Good luck to those backed at 33/1. Sounds like a hard fought win today and I love the fact Johnson is only half pleased, his expectations and experience will hopefully get us promoted this season.
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Johnson does not take the fact a win which takes us one point from top like some would. Still improvement needed and its a joy too see him work and talk
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I had several dabbles at 34/1 as I thought that was quite generous once Johnson was on board and it remained there for quite a few weeks.

Enjoyed the game yesterday, decent little ground, good atmosphere generated from both sets of fans, and the best team won, if at times living on the edge a little. Some outstanding saves from Mac and good finishing from our front two. It always felt like we would win but it was certainly a hard fought one. Interesting to note Johnsons comment about them playing games. Late to get on to the pitch (game ko'd at 3.06) and quite of few of the hamlet players were niggling away all afternoon. Long way to go but fingers crossed for promotion and a few quid in April £££.
TUST #324
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Did anyone at the match see this incident, as reported on Dulwich Hamlet's OS:

'Still Dulwich looked to fight back and another good save from MacDonald thwarted them, whilst the referee decided to issue no sanction to two visiting players who clearly squared up to each other after Dulwich appealed in vain for another penalty as Clunis was first dragged down near the touchline and, having regained his feet, believed his cross was handled.'

Which two 'visiting players' squared up to each other?!
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Well, think Cameron was pushing somneone away at that point but he was the captain.
TUST #324
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just watched the video highlights twice because of intrusive adverts.
A real battling performance.In the second half we were very strong but Shaun MacDonald did make 5 excellent saves particularly from a header saving with his right hand at full stretch.
We had a lot of shots and looked very committed throughout.
Kalala looked a real hand full but needs to work on being a bit more clinical but I love the way he glides past defenders as if they were not there.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Heard from someone at the game there was a lot of nastiness from Dulwich , which Gary Johnson also
mentioned , he called it provocation and shenanigans, one incident where Niate was elbowed violently in the stomach
after which the forward threw himself to the ground and got a free kick on the edge of the box
Sounded a hard game on the comm , I am fully appreciative of the job Patrick is doing , I just wish he could inject
a bit more enthusiasm and emotion into his voice, its a bit like listening to paint dry, well you get what I mean
Hopefully we will be top after tuesday and saturday, wouldnt it be fantastic if we could just win a league title for once
I dont think we ever have as far as I know
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Dulwich were quite nasty and were clearly looking for reaction booking/sending off, part of their game plan I guess. In the first half Ruairi Keating appeared to be the target a few times and reacted to a hand in his face, with both players getting booked. The hand to the face was clearly seen by the linesman (who looked 14) and spent the next two minuets arguing with myself and a couple of older gentlemen - never seen this type of reaction before. As one stage he offered me his flag.

The 'incident' with two Torquay players was I believe Kyle Cameron restraining Niate from going after the Dulwich player who had clearly done something to him. I did not see what this was, but clearly him was incensed and had to be held back by several players.

Cleaver as always Gary Johnson took Niate off at this point, this tells you how incensed he was.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

If jean yves niate squared up to me i would crap myself.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Just watched the short video of yesterdays game. 2 very good saves from Shaun. Looks like we played some decent stuff, spread the play nicely and moved the ball quickly. Kalvin Kalala looks a beast unplayable at times and we sharp in front of goal. For what its worth Welling maybe top but they`ve played 10 of 17 games at home. COYY.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

desperado wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 11:41
Hopefully we will be top after tuesday and saturday, wouldnt it be fantastic if we could just win a league title for once
I dont think we ever have as far as I know
Torquay United first team have won just three league titles in their entire history:
1908-09 Torquay & District League, 1911-12 Plymouth & District League as Torquay Town, and 1926-27 Southern League Western Division (we lost the play off for the Southern League Championship to Eastern Division winners Brighton and Hove Albion Reserves).
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Nick Potkins wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 13:03 Dulwich were quite nasty and were clearly looking for reaction booking/sending off, part of their game plan I guess. In the first half Ruairi Keating appeared to be the target a few times and reacted to a hand in his face, with both players getting booked. The hand to the face was clearly seen by the linesman (who looked 14) and spent the next two minuets arguing with myself and a couple of older gentlemen - never seen this type of reaction before. [highlight=yellow]As one stage he offered me his flag.[/highlight]
G
The 'incident' with two Torquay players was I believe Kyle Cameron restraining Niate from going after the Dulwich player who had clearly done something to him. I did not see what this was, but clearly him was incensed and had to be held back by several players.

Cleaver as always Gary Johnson took Niate off at this point, this tells you how incensed he was.
No reflection on you mate but that made I larf.
Only because it was something I frequently did when running the line in teenage football some of the reactions I got was funny too, but only one in about twenty offers took me up on it, one even offering me out due the fact I'd embarrassed him lol

My £5 25/1 cash out stands at £23.63 Have to admit I was close to cashing that out today as I feel Dartford on Tues will be difficult game given ours was quiet physical Yesterday and they didn't play. Think I'd take a draw right now.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You would expect that sort of behaviour in local football but at this standard of football?

Given that the Torquay players had to flatten the pitch down to get the game on just shows what an absolute farce this league actually is.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 17:17 You would expect that sort of behaviour in local football but at this standard of football?

Given that the Torquay players had to flatten the pitch down to get the game on just shows what an absolute farce this league actually is.
Which is why we need to get the hell out of it this season. Gary Johnson refers this appointment as a project . The project being getting us back into the football league. He doesn't need the money if Plymouth for example come calling, he's done it before worn the t-shirt as such. He seems to be enjoying it here.
Lucy
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Just got back from making a weekend of it. Great result. We had the better quality and I always thought we would score but we are giving way too many chances away. McDonald was outstanding as everyone says but the fact your keeper is MOTM in a 2-0 win tells a story. On another day we could have lost this. Poor pitch didn't help us. I would guess at away support being closer to 500plus. Will be interesting to see where we are in January where hopefully we will be pushing hard for promotion but we need to tighten up at the back!!!!!