Basingstoke Town F A Trophy Opponents

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Basingstoke Town F A Trophy Opponents

Post by portugull »

I notice Basingstoke lost at Home yesterday to Merthyr 0-3.
With United in cracking form it really is hard to see a repeat of the result when we last visited Basingstoke.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Not sure how many TQ supporters will be there. However, Basingstoke had about 350 for their last league match against Merthyr, so the attendance should be doubled for our visit. Won't be easy, BUT if we play like we did for the first 45 minutes against Concord, then ....!!!!
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Just read that both sides have agreed if it’s level after 90 minutes, we go to extra time and penalties. Happy with that. Would like to see Sendles-White and Edwards start and hopefully a few others who haven’t had much game time playing a part.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Won't be surprised if olaf plays against Basingstoke
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Nightrider wrote: 18 Nov 2018, 22:16 Won't be surprised if olaf plays against Basingstoke
Agree, I wouldn't be that fussed at all if GJ used the trophy as a game or if we're lucky game(s) to blood youngsters or players coming back from injury etc etc .
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Best bet is to play those on the bench in most matches and let them proof their worth in this squad. We are best still playing macdonald in goal. But my view is the fa trophy is not a priority this season. Incidentally when does it become a national round
Lucy
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Basingstoke contingent will be there :)
TUST MEMBER
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

lucy6lucy wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 18:32 Best bet is to play those on the bench in most matches and let them proof their worth in this squad. We are best still playing macdonald in goal. But my view is the fa trophy is not a priority this season. Incidentally when does it become a national round
Where money is involved sensible choices have to be made and I think we will play a strong side against a side we have the ability to beat.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I would be surprised and disappointed to see the 1st eleven playing. With no reserve football this is the perfect opportunity to give the squad players and a couple of kids the opportunity to prove themselves and earn a place in the 1st team.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Arcadia, I get your point on the money but for a sum of 5K & a huge increase of an extra 1K for the next rounds victors . Is it really worth getting excited about & putting your 'bread & butter' of the league at risk ? And please don't think I have an air of grandeur above others at our level, I just think we really should be having our eyes on the grand prize dished out after game 42 of the league season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think arcadia makes a good point but I have a feeling the manager will put a strong side out simply to keep the current form as it is. If he makes wholesale changes it could disrupt the momentum we've built up. I doubt he sees them as needing a rest but we'll all know in a few days once the team is announced.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 13:51 I think arcadia makes a good point but I have a feeling the manager will put a strong side out simply to keep the current form as it is. If he makes wholesale changes it could disrupt the momentum we've built up. I doubt he sees them as needing a rest but we'll all know in a few days once the team is announced.
Yes, Agreed, but we all know now this seasons final league position is what to where this club wants to be within 5 years, I feel we need to be at least a successful ,holding our own, league 2 club by the 23/24 season, cup wins are a bonus but the more you progress in a competition the easier it is to take your eyes off the main prize, we saw it in Paul Buckle first season with the league ,fa cup & trophy in the end we ran out of steam didn't we.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I was never worried about the FA Cup so the Trophy barely deserves a second thought as far as I'm concerned. I've said it from day 1, promotion this season is essential.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 15:58 I was never worried about the FA Cup so the Trophy barely deserves a second thought as far as I'm concerned. I've said it from day 1, promotion this season is essential.
Exactly, eyes on the real prize guys.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

I am hoping the GJ plays a very strong side as I have got them to win at 10/11!!
TUST No 278